Is there a purpose ?

In life there's a purpose,
A purpose of what you should be,
But in others eyes it was different,
A purpose they couldn't see.
She wanted to be something,
Something known and true,
Others looked at her and said "There's nothing great in you"
Her heart felt so empty,as if there's nothing there at all,
I know that I can do it,I can't let others watch me fall.
She prayed to God at night,
Asking him what they don't see,
God what am I missing?
Is there a purpose left for me?
I know your watching over me,and listening to my prayers,
I need your answer to my question,is my purpose really there?
I know I'm gifted in your eyes,please let me know if its worth it,
If I try with all my strength,will there really be a purpose?

moon8 said...
May 26 at 4:56 pm
I don't agree with the idea of the poem but the rhyming is beautifully done, goo job!

KenzicoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this! Great work! Its beautiful and gets the point across clearly. This rythm is amazing too.

PrincessSparkleStar said...
I really like this! I bet many people feel the same way, and you write beautifully ;) Please would you check out my poem? TeenInk.com/poetry/ballad/article/499252/Take-a-Chance/

maryismyname said...
this is such a relatable poem and really reaches out to everyone in a different way. this has such an emotional voice that can seems to be lost hope. i really like your poems, keep writing!

vickilovesyou5 said...
That was extremely great I loved it

justwannabeme said...
pure talent. :) i love your poems. ypur a great writer. keep it up. plz. haha :)

iWriteToExpressThouqhts replied...
Aug. 1, 2010 at 11:58 am
ahaha thanks I will :) ♥

V-ballChick said...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 11:00 am
That poem was really great i'll bet a lot of people can relate to it...i know i can

iWriteToExpressThouqhts replied...
Aug. 1, 2010 at 11:59 am
thank you :] ♥

WritingLoverForever said...
Wow, you did a really great job on this. It flows really well and the raw emotion is so gripping. I bet a lot of people can relate to this. Awesome job!

TheChemicalKidd said...
The dignity of a person to keep pushing on despite others is amazingly depicted in this. Great work

mrsabbyjonas13 said...
This is absolutely stunning! This piece shows that you have real character and potential as a writer. Keep it up!

iWriteToExpressThouqhts replied...
thank you :)

StandardToaster said...
I LOVE THIS!!!

Ashley P. said...
wow i rely love this i just now posted a powem called "tight rope" idk if its up yet but if u look and its thare give it a read

LIKEwhoaa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

wow  :)i love the emotion in this, its really strong and its so true because i think most people feel like this sometimes.

i love it

<3

SilverDawn said...
wow this is really really beautiful. easy to understand and connect with. the words all flow together so nicely and i really like it. great work =)

ShenelleCrystalx3 said...
thank you :)

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
simply beautiful! i loved the whole thing, especially the last few lines. very deep and easy to relate to, great job! :)

EquineWriter said...

Love it! It really expresses well how I feel sometimes, and the rhythm was really nice.

Good job!