Playground Poetry

I'll Tell You It's Okay,
I'll Tell You I'm Just Fine,
But Really I'll Be Sitting Here,
Wishing You Were Still Mine.

-July 22, 2009

dreamer_believer said...
this is one of my favorite poems i've read. EVER!! wow, it's so simple yet so true and extremely powerful :) lots of girls can easily relate ;) would you mind commenting on some of my work please? thanks and keep writing, this piece was brilliant :)

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 9:27 am
i loved this. simple & to the point, easily relatable, good emotion, rhyming...all in all, good job :)

munkyman95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
short, simple, expressive, exceptional, brilliant

Bnubbs replied...
ditto. loved it. extremely true

hbananabread93 said...
i really like this, because a lot of people think that poetry has to be long and extravagant. it doesnt. it just need to tell how you feel and this definitely does this. great work. and if you get the chance, would you mind checking out some of my stuff? especially "the carousel"
thanks!! =D

lovetoread said...
All I can say this is Awsom! to the point

Lostinbooks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 15, 2009 at 9:08 am
I like it. It's short but condensed...you don't need a ton of words to get the point across...and it leaves a stronger impression on the reader then a longer poem on the same topic would.

sarahxinsane921 said...
Thank You So Much For Both The Negitive And Positive Feedback. Everyone Has An Oppinion And Both Help Me Grow As A Write.
This Is Probably The Simplist Piece Of Work Ive Ever Written, (Hence The Name, 'PLAYGROUND Poetry." ) I wanted It To Be Simple.
So Thank You All So Much.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really good.

Schubster said...
short, but very powerful. I doubt I could think of this if I were five, so don't worry about that comment :) keep writing!~

Kimberly S. said...
this poem, i'm sure, relates to many people across the world. just because it does not relate to you does not mean that you have to discredit this. it is a very well-written poem, and Aubrey O. was right- the length of a poem does not determine the depth of the content.

writer24/7/365 said...
Sept. 12, 2009 at 11:28 am
the first comment was really mean and not true unless his 5 yr old brother is a genius. this is a good poem

writer24/7/365 replied...
Sept. 12, 2009 at 11:30 am
well now it's the 3rd, but o well.

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
My hats off to your brother for achieving this level of genius at such a young age. It is not often that such an advanced poet is found. Your parents must be so proud. I offer my sympathies to you. It must have been difficult maturing in the shadow of such an intelligent sibling who possesses a talent that you obviously can't comprehend very skillfully. Its my deepest wish that you will look more into the study of poetry and realize what talent this piece shows.
God bless,
...,

Aubrey O. said...
This was a great poem! Kudos to you Jaquie, for standing up for it. The length of a poem does not determine the depth of it's content.

sadie912 said...
Sept. 12, 2009 at 10:07 am
it was ok.simple but it still told u all u needed 2 kno about how dat person feels.and it could realte 2 anybody.if dat makes sense