The Sun May Go Down This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When it seems that all you care for has met its sad demise,

It is prudent to remember

The sun may go down, but the moon shall rise.

Just as the tide flows out, it returns again to shore.

And it is the same with coral.

One may die, but there are infinitely more.

And just as nature fades; in the winter, the robin takes wing,

But the plants and birds again return.

They will come back more beautiful and vibrant in spring.

And in the evenings we lie down and fall to blissful sleep.

It is the same when we die,

And just as from our sleep we wake, the sleep of death is not too deep.

It is prudent to remember

Shay212 said...
ILOVE This Its Awesome! Your Amazing(:

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the imagery about the moon!  Nice work on it!

Meredith15 said...
i liked it alot very good

Inky_Fingers said...
I feel like this poem almost sings to the reader. bravo :)

SophiaCross said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 10:21 am
This is incredible! I love it!

Prathap This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very good! The symbolism that envisages every living being on earth is reflected in your work! Very good! :)

heartoftheocean95 said...
Very, very good! Extremely encouraging! Keep up the good work. Please take a look at my poems. I would love some constructive criticism.

soaringeagle435 said...
This is a really uplifting poem. right now my life isn't what people would call great. i'm actually near ready to kill myself. but i read this poem and it really just lifted my heart and spirit. thank you and keep up the amazing writing.

Kati$ha replied...
please dont kill yourself, this world is too beautiful to leave  im sure they dont have waffles in heaven... or hell (i dont know what type of person you are... but suicide is a sin) PS: 18006686868 -kids help phone you could also try talking to trees, that helps me

Rebecca P. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem was so deep. The descriptions were amazing and I felt like i was watching something, not reading it. Please look at my poem, Shattered Lives in the Fast Lane and tell me what you think. It would be cool finding out what someone as good as you thinks about it

munkyman95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20, 2010 at 4:41 am
This is really good, I liked the idea

alfavetta said...
When I read it, it feels choppy. I like the content though.