Top Voted Poetry

Here is the top voted poetry:

voted
#1
I Am From This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I am from My green blankey and Climbing out of my crib From playing mermaid in the bathtub. I am from walking my dog, And the noise he made when I step on his tail. I am from my sheep nightlight And Blue’s Clues and the Berenstain... (more »)
Subsection: Free Verse Poems   285 comments
voted
#2
The American Dream This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It is the American DreamWhat we all strive for and imagineIndouble-wide trailers to double-wide mansionsIn sprouting lakes of fake fish.Nothing captures its essenceUnbound by time or dust or rotThe thingswe cherish still are lovingly pattedAnd... (more »)
59 comments
voted
#3
The Trooper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
1. Raindrops hit the old glass making watery cobwebs, Drowning red and orange traffic lights in winter. I wish it would snow. And hold my breath, struggling to cry silently. I turn away from Mom and watch the buzzing Exxon sign.... (more »)
Subsection: Free Verse Poems  
voted
#4
My Mother This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Her scent comes and goes with a flash, Bright and suave like a summer haze, As I shield the things she once touched, And grow vigilant at her confounded ways, Life is not about anything limited, To the five senses or a selfish moment,... (more »)
Subsection: Free Verse Poems  
voted
#5
Child Soldiers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Their eyes tell silent stories. Stories that would shock even the darkest of hearts. These eyes have seen worse than some could even dream of. They’ve seen killing and death, and pain and suffering to extents that can be hard to imagine.... (more »)
Subsection: Free Verse Poems   338 comments
voted
#6
Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Feet dangle inches above Tantalizingly taunting … They strive to graze the bicycle’s pedals, Just as my hands strive to emerge From the lemon yellow dress You handed down to me. My slow growth is too far behind Your quick judgment,... (more »)
Subsection: Free Verse Poems   289 comments
voted
#7
All I Need Is a Friend This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Books fill up my room. Not baseball cards, or pictures of girls, or basketballs. Maybe a blown up picture of … … Pam Anderson might help. Black-framed glasses and a white, pale, lanky body. I should start working out. At least... (more »)
Subsection: Free Verse Poems   1429 comments
voted
#8
Papaya Warmth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     There are blackberriesNestled in my curls,And beneath the thorns The dark treasures lurk. And spiraling down my neck,A grapevine grows,The bright berries shaking merrily as I step.And if you breathe lightly, You can... (more »)
Subsection: Free Verse Poems   3 comments
voted
#9
Stains of Blue This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Blue drips through the darkness of my dreams,And trails through every word that spills onto my paper.It dances through me and escapes into my vision.The world turns as blue as my mind.Green grassy meadows fade into oceans of endlessness,And every... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#10
8th Period This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My hand feels it should quiver like my lips before a first kiss as Poetry screams at me to speak her Truth. I should stop my life and succumb to Her, with her eyes that see the world through the heart and a mouth that lets the pen do all... (more »)
voted
#11
Sleep This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It begins slowly, but hits so hardThe feeling of complete relaxation and rhythmic breathingthat help to clear the head of all but one thing: sleep.Thoughts of the day slowly seep out of mind,Thoughts of tomorrow slowly simmer in.The darkness that... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#12
Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I love your voice, your soft brown hair. I love your eyes and love your stare. I love your laugh, your cocky smirk, your stupid jokes. You precious jerk, you know I do. I want my hands all through your hair each treasured strand.... (more »)
Subsection: Ballads   1474 comments
voted
#13
The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away, I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say. As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin, I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.... (more »)
Subsection: Limericks   799 comments
voted
#14
Reading This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Will Parry!” “Edward Cullen!” “Lucien Mulholland!” “Dave the Laugh!” we squeal at every quote on every page a close group of teenage girls snuggled together on the couch in our pajamas reading our favorite books aloud... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#15
Today This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Today, something was invented (so long in the making). I wrote on your arm, You smiled when you saw me, Pushing your hair out of your eyes, my heart leapt. And looking at your lips, I almost took my mask off Almost But then you laughed... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#16
Hacker This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Strangely enough, the same wave of panic sweeps through my mind And something stills in my gut Just to see her face reappear on the computer screen as before. She was back. She was back in some shape or form In my life and the lives of... (more »)
Subsection: Free Verse Poems   4 comments