Heartwreck This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Last night
I broke his heart.
Sobbing
And clutching my ankle,
He fell to the floor,
But I pushed him off.
He just kept crying
More and more.

Last night
I broke his heart.
He tried to defend himself,
To understand me,
To get me to understand,
But I shook him off,
Left him there and
Let go of his hand.

Last night
I broke his heart.
I walked onto the grass,
The night-enveloped field.
I looked into his face
Then got up and walked away
Saying “Am I not pretty
Enough to chase?”

Last night
I broke his heart.
I pushed him away,
Hoped he would follow,
That he'd want me again,
But he just turned
And said to me,
“I guess I'm leaving then.”

I broke his heart,
Shattered to pieces,
I can't fix this mess,
Tear-struck eyes,
His face in his hands,
This is not my best.

MickeyxD said...

The emotion in this poem really stand out with the way you repeat "Last night I broke his heart"

Great job! :)

Duckie430This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
the format of this poem makes a huge impact. your emotions really come across. this is reallly good.

dacoisnothingcomparetdome said...
May 6, 2009 at 9:56 am:
hey good piece of work your a good writer i like how you have the narrator share her feelings about the events that just happened

innergenious745This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 6, 2009 at 2:14 am:
I really liked the way you repeated 'last night i broke his heart. It really emphasizes the point. It's incredible that i can relate the narrator, without ever having gone through anything as traumatic as that...it is the mark of an incredible author keep it up. Five stars :)

xXxFallingTearsxXx said...
May 6, 2009 at 12:28 am:
Great poem!!! I agree with KICK3593, it does seem as though what she did is backfiring on her. great job on this poem i really like it.

KICK3593 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 30, 2009 at 2:39 am:
This is interesting. To me, it seems the narrator is slowly becoming the people that she is afflicting.

Zachary12220 said...
i love it so much jennnnnnn(nnn) your great!

btw... i commented back. (:

Abby:) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 28, 2009 at 11:45 am:
Whoa... I really liked the format of this poem. And-- your feelings really came through!

BeccaBlue826 said...
Apr. 28, 2009 at 9:59 am:
I haven't actually had a boyfriend since the fourth grade...alot of CUTE GUY FRIENDS... but not a real relatoinship...but when we write (which i have no idea about your experiences) we give people the feeling that we have...i guess thats what makes us good writers...that we have the ability to draw on an emotion felt or unfelt and make everyone else feel it too...when i read this poem i felt heart break and an ironic feeling that mabye if he came after me that things wouldn't have been so ... (more »)