Seperate Parts of a Whole | Teen Ink

Seperate Parts of a Whole

By Aro_To_The_Heart PLATINUM, Mandeville, Louisiana
Aro_To_The_Heart PLATINUM, Mandeville, Louisiana

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than hands?

-Ernest Gaines.

Blood. Thick, rich, crimson Blood. The feel of it as it flows throughout the human frame. It fills me and renews me. It keeps me alive while I house it safe and warm. The feeling when the frame is broken. The blood spilling upon the floor. The warm ooze of when it slides across the surface of your skin. The aroma smells of salt, the taste of iron. A most resourceful substance. It both keeps us alive and sustains us in times of need. It is, quite literally, the “life blood” of the human race…
-------
Eyes. Focused, gleaming, blank Eyes. The way that people can produce an image of the world through which they tread. They show everything, from richness to sorrow. The lenses through which the earth is seen or kept hidden in shadows. They can only see the truth. Lies and illusions hold no meaning for them. The deluded can be tricked, but those wise enough have used them for good or evil purposes. Things that are not meant to be seen are exposed, through those blank staring eyes. The eye can be seen as a gateway. A conduit for channeling emotions. What you feel when you look may not be what others feel. We may look, but we will NEVER see…
-------
Ears. Sharp, sensitive, all hearing Ears. The sounds of the earth can be channeled through these instruments of flesh and blood. Things can be heard, whispers can be divulged. Things that were meant for secrecy can be mistakenly perceived. The truth can be warped and twisted to meet the needs of the listener. Rumors can be started from misunderstanding. Over all, the human race can be undermined. The high can be ruined, people can be crushed. These reputations are demolished by falsely heard information. The results can be devastating to the subject. These ears have heard things that would shake you to your very core. Some things are better left unheard…
-------
Hands. Quick, pale, adept hands. The flesh-covered bones on which the people of this place are dependent on. They can create, help, and serve the world, but they can also destroy and kill. They are needed but come at an unworldly price. The things that they can endure are surprising. The things they can do, even more so. The things that they can build if they all work together, the things they can destroy when divided. They can caress and show love towards another, to pull another person close and comfort them. They can also end another’s life. It takes but a small amount of force to rip the life out of a body. Those are called murderers. The others, called lovers. They created this world that we live in…

The parts of a whole shall come together to form one thing from many. thus is the way of life...

booklady said...
on Sep. 24 2009 at 8:21 am
Would you consider trying this in poem form?

milica_krhin said...
I think this is beautifully written... Somehow shows a balance and harmony of all things right and wrong about us, and about the world... Great work! =)