Natural Escape

Home isn't made of walls and doors,
nor place with deeds or frequent chores,
but where the breeze blows evermore
with fields of green for one to explore.

A place where dirt becomes one's own floor
and the flora and fauna ceaselessly implore
you to take off into the unknown and explore
the habitat's belongings of species galore;
nothing it beholds can serve an eyesore.

A place where the water will endlessly pour
into crystal reserves with grass ridden shore
and plenty of things for one to adore;
the flowers and fish are the only decor
as the winged wildlife, above, will soar.

A place where sleep can release it's snore
and have it hidden by leaves that bore
a soft, gentle whisper many years before,
without interruption of raging furore
that continues on to this day, and more.

A place where it's noise does not abhor,
but resonates with one's very own core,
leaving the soul hoping for an encore.
Much farther away from the hectic uproar
than the sorry excuse for escape that lies indoors.

A place where the thoughts are not ravaged by war
on small scale or large; where one can ignore
the usual things that would make one feel sore
or fuming fierce rage out of every pore
only reconciled by a frustrated roar.

A place that bears the name "outdoors,"
away from all of the disgusting gore
of humanity riddled with bloodstained lore;
away from where minds can produce a score
of reasons to look at the world and deplore.

Your_Apathetic_BasketcaseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 17 at 8:16 pm
@Patrick82432 Okay. You had commented on my work, and here I am on yours, literally in tears, this was so beautifully written. I can't even describe into words what I feel right now, because you have done the near impossible by making me actually cry with how truly powerful these words you had written on here were. Patrick. I want you to keep writing, and I want you to never, ever stop. I see fantastic things in your future, things that most writers dream of having. YOU have that fire within you... (more »)

Patrick82432This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 18 at 5:56 pm
@Your_Apathetic_Basketcase Thank you so much! It makes me feel so amazing that you were moved by this piece, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for showing your appreciation, it means the world to me especially coming from you. I've read through plenty of your work and I love it, so hearing from somebody I respect and look up to is absolutely flabbergasting. You're an amazing writer as well, and I hope you never give up! It's kinda funny how you mentioned burning everyone and ever... (more »)

Your_Apathetic_BasketcaseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 18 at 7:12 pm
@Patrick82432 You are very welcome! All of your pieces have moved me, that I have read. I will definitely follow you on instagram tomorrow. If you have a kik, mine is IntroExtrovertedScum - if you don't have one, make one, it is a free app for texting and I wold love to talk to you on there. I would love to do anything you have in mind, whether it be a short story or a poem! I can't wait to talk to you! And I am very glad you love my work as much as I love yours!