The Past is the Past

A history that is deep and vast;

into memories' clutch, those days were cast

when all went bitter and resentment grew fast,

but know, in truth, not all will last,

and what's happened has happened; the past is the past.

Friendship, slain, and now reborn

with gradual fading of mutual scorn;

the fabric of hatred now tattered and torn

while resentment lays abandoned. Forlorn.

The times have marked a brand new morn.

The flag of friendship no longer half mast;

history stays put. The past is the past.

VictoriaStasivThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 24 at 6:14 pm
Very nice poem!

Patrick82432This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 25 at 9:19 pm
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback, it means a lot!

DiamondSun said...
May 23 at 1:29 am
Nice job, great work

May 24 at 11:24 am
Thank you very much!

RavenOfTheMist28 said...
Mar. 24 at 1:45 pm
This poem is a very nice piece of work. Keep it up :)

Mar. 24 at 4:13 pm
Thank you for the comment, I really appreciate it! :)

LeisurelySketches said...
Mar. 24 at 11:23 am
You've chosen to write on a very nice theme. The poem was motivational and enjoyable. Good work.

Mar. 24 at 4:14 pm
Thank you, it's a pretty important piece to me. I'm glad you like it. Thank you! :)

Your_Apathetic_BasketcaseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 18 at 7:05 pm
@Patrick82432 This, I can relate to on every level. My gosh, Patrick, this made me think about my life. I sat for a good few minutes, engulfed in thought. Your work is unblemished by society - and it is pure, it is the pureness that lures me in and draws me to the next stanza. I am glad I read this, because like everything else you have written that I have read, it is fulfilling and I leave your poetry, feeling glad I came to read it.