Dear child, sincerely, your childhood | Teen Ink

Dear child, sincerely, your childhood

February 25, 2017
By Thisisreal_life PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas
Thisisreal_life PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas
48 articles 3 photos 69 comments

Favorite Quote:
"so do it. Decide. Is this the person you want to be? Is this the life you want to live? Is this the best you can be?"
"I survived the fire because the fire within me burns brighter than the one around me"


Dearest Child,
Where have you gone?One day, we played all day, pretending we were spies and pirates, the next day, all you can think about is that cute boy in Spanish class. I miss our carefree days, when you didn't care about your looks. You were so confident, so playful. What happened to that kid?
Cooties have turned to STDs, cigars, once yucky, now cool. Everything we once knew, gone you once cried about paper cuts, but now you cry about heartbreak.
Do you miss me like I miss you? Do you miss the dog days? I know I do. We never got bored. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in your head. Are you scared? Happy? Okay? You once were an open book, but now it is in a foreign language I cannot understand.
I know it happens to everyone, but maybe everyone misses it too. Did you want it to end?
So many questions, with no answers. I may never get them.
Sincerely,
Your childhood