Sacremento: My home | Teen Ink

Sacremento: My home

By itsKyleah BRONZE, Sacremento, California
itsKyleah BRONZE, Sacremento, California

My Sacramento is full of trees,where you can walk outside and instantly spot a Great Oak. I live close to the train tracks where the sounds of it jittering across the tracks are like music to my ears. In the morning I’m greeted with the sun welcoming me to a brand new day of adventure. I hear kids screaming outside my window, probably from tag. When the sun hides and the moon comes out sounds of fireworks exploding in the air invades my ears. O’ what a night. Walking down downtown I can cite exotic restaurants from Asian to Somalia to Ethiopian , we got it all.

Since we can not change reality, let us change the way which we see it. I hate to say this but the truth hurts. When the sun dims down those ‘“fireworks” I heard I will see tomorrow on the news. Kids screaming running from someone's wondering  dog. OUCH! I think they accommodated it.The train screeches across the tracks piercing my ears.Old run down food shacks are lined up across the a strip.The smell of rotten fish and fruit maraud my spirit.

But I’m still here, so. The man is sitting by the river, probably waiting for everybody to go home so he can shoot up. Nobody has the guts to help him or tell him that it’s not worth it. We just saunter around like zombies not bothering to take a second glance.WHOOP!! There goes another little girl tricked and taken from her loved ones, that’ll be a hard one to find. But I guess here the experience you have depends on the color of your skin.

My Sacramento is pretty cool place to come to go fishing and what not but don’t be fooled, there is more that lies under the skin of Sacramento.

This is just a little glimpe of my Sacremento.....