Anger | Teen Ink

Anger

By Tad DeBerg BRONZE, Stanton, Michigan
Tad DeBerg BRONZE, Stanton, Michigan

Tuning

If memories could be more, show more, feel more, these memories would have touch'

These memories would have the touch of dirt, as it slides across ones skin ripping and tearing it until it bleeds profusely and stings like a bee. They would have the touch of teammates patting you on the back after making a big tackle during one of the biggest games of the year. And the touch of a loved one, in your arms after a fight with her parents. They would have the touch of a friend punching your shoulder during a game of Halo. Also they would have the touch of an airbag exploding in your face as your car bounces off another during a car wreck, but they can't. Memories can't have touch.

If memories could be more, own more hear more these memories would have sound'

These memories would have the sound of metal being played on an Ipod so loud that everyone around for a 10 ft radius can hear it. They would have the sound of a group of friends laughing while playing cards on the way back from a trip. They would have the sound of Friends laughing while play a game of Halo to all night. They would have the sound of an argument between a mother and son after she discovered the scars on his arm, but they can't. Memories can't have sound.

If memories could be more, give more, show more these memories would feel'

These memories would feel the pain of the break up after a long time with her. They would feel the pain as the concrete makes contact with ones hand after discovering that their ipod has been stolen. And the feeling of satisfaction after surprising a coach by wanting to continue to play after dislocating a finger. They would have the feeling of accomplishment after making that bone crushing, game changing tackle. These memories would have the feeling of being over joyed by getting ones first deer after being skunked for three years and missing a shot. These memories would bring the feeling of satisfaction of making the right choice. These memories would reveal the satisfaction of working hard and giving up most of the summer to get better, stronger, and faster. They would reveal the freezing cold feeling as one runs head long into icy cold water at the end of may. And the feeling of accomplishment after taking 3rd in ones first 800 meter track race, but they cant. Memories can't feel.

If memories could give more, have more, be more, and show more, the memories would still need people, to remember them. The memories would still need the creators, to create them.

Based upon 'Tuning' by Gary Paulson.