Who are we | Teen Ink

Who are we

By dCaRtH GOLD, Warrington, Pennsylvania
dCaRtH GOLD, Warrington, Pennsylvania

Who are you to judge me, I know i'm not perfect and i don't claim to be but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean first

Who are we to take others homes and lives. We have no right.

Their dreams attached disappear like a summer's breeze.

Giant air birds drop their bright light. Falling to the ground it goes, smoke swallows life. The light illuminates the gray sky like lightning.

Jump out of your bed's awake, scared, running tears down a small face. Pacing they go, past the houses with red light. So many people, gone.

Is their no mercy for the innocent? Is their no savior for them now?

Who are we to decide our selves great? We have all done wrong that deserves forgiveness. But others have done wrong that deserves nothing but shame and disappointment. Now that savior is here, or maybe he was there all along just waiting for us to notice. He will help us change the ways of before.

Hi I'm Derrick. I have always been told I seemed to have a gift for poetry since 3rd grade. This didn't suprise me because I am younger than all of my classmates. Because of this I grew up with alot of adults and people older than me, so I developed a very advanced vocabulary. This specific poem was inspired by the news, the world, and Barrack Obama because it's about war and the damage it does to places like Iraq and Afghanistan and I know most kids don't watch the news but I do and I decided to inform the uninformed about the world. The "savior" represents Obama to me because I believe he can help this nation and others heal their wounds.

Phoenix12 said...
thank alot i like that part too!

ohiwish BRONZE said...
ohiwish BRONZE, Sudbury, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
This is really really good. My favorite line is "Who are we to decide ourselves great?" it also seems to fit in with humans destroying animals habitats to make new houses or apartments or condos. Good job and keep writing, you do have a special talent :)