Simplicity of Love | Teen Ink

Simplicity of Love

February 13, 2009
By Tanisha GOLD, Oregon, Missouri
Tanisha GOLD, Oregon, Missouri
13 articles 0 photos 3 comments

I'm sitting here at the computer screen trying to pour my heart out, backspacing, capitalizing, unlining, editing, and typing.
I write about who loves me now and how happy we are.
I double click on the same picture i always do.
Your smiles changed along with your background and relationship status.
It rips my heart out to actually think your happy.
I find out what her name is and how i'd make you happier.
I stop in to see how you are but in bold print type i love you.
I stare at the screen with tear filled eyes, trying to tell you i need my heart back, backspacing, correcting, and editing.
I can't find the words to fool myself.
I go to my page noticing it's all a lie.
I begin to type, capitalizing, underlining, and remembering.
My life story all summed up.
I can't pour my heart out when that one guy still has it but pour out tears considering this is where I'm at and not where I want to be. Backspacing, editing, and deleting are so simple to do, however everytime I push these buttons I end up with a blank screen and with out you.

The author's comments:
As a teen i find different boyfriends and one just stood out and when i tried to move on i couldnt fool myself. I just feel as though it is like this for every girl!