Anti-Hero This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Saved by a fingertip
holding on
it could never be wrong
to trust you.
Watch me sleep
headphones, face-smush
legs curled, two-handed sleeping face palm.
Silent guardian
playing
Pearl Jam
reading
Camus
“… break his nose
if he comes any closer …”
Might have been
nothing to you,
but it carefully
flipped my world.

bamboom212 said...
ha thats cute though. sorry bout the jerk dude, but ur experience somewhat inspired you 4 this poem. It's gr8 :P

bamboom212 said...
I also had to read this more than once. I'm a little confused, but I like the mood alot. I've read others of your work. You're very talented. ^_^

oracle-of-nonsense This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 2, 2009 at 6:24 pm :
It's really sort of random, but I was at a lock-in where my ex was going to show up. The ex in question was one of those "Sleep with her, make her think you love her, then never reply to her calls" kind of guys, and he always acted like a jerk to me. My friends were there, and they were talking about what they'd do. My male friend (now boyfriend) said he'd break his nose if he came any closer. He was listening to Pearl Jam and reading Albert Camus The Stranger

bamboom212 replied...
Nov. 3, 2009 at 6:40 pm :
thats cute. sorry bout the jerk dude, but ur experience i guess somewhat inspired you 4 this poem. I'm new, and have no talent 4 poetry, but ur work inspires me 2 try some day ;P
Keep up the awesome work & good luck!

Nov. 4, 2009 at 9:34 pm :
That's the great thing about jerks: they tend to be very inspiring. ;) I'm really glad I could inspire you, and I hope that if you ever post anything on here, you'll send me a link

Riverine14 said...
me likey.
ha ha. no, I know excactly what you mean. Feel free to check out what i write.

SavedFromSilence said...
Jun. 18, 2009 at 6:53 pm:
I like the mood. It's great.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 5, 2009 at 11:58 pm:
I really like this! Great job! BRILLIANT!!

bubblez01234 said...
Jun. 5, 2009 at 8:46 pm:
This poem was amazing. Teh first time I read it I really didn't get it I had to read it a second time. Once I finally got it I was like wow! How did she come up with this. What I'm wondering is if it just popped into your head. Like a lightbulb just came to life. Anyway keep up the AMAZING work! Keep writing!

AndThisIsReal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 5, 2009 at 3:14 pm:
I usually (unfortunately) judge things by titles/covers as well, but this suprised me too.
It very good imagery.
Feel free to check out my work, thanks.
-AndThisIsReal

cvlnst said...
May 27, 2009 at 10:11 pm:
This is very beautiful. I always have a habit of judging things by titles/covers... This poem surprised me. :) Keep up the awesomeness!

DinosoarJen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23, 2009 at 9:42 pm:
"Might have been
nothing to you,
but it carefully
flipped my world."

Love that. :]

TeenInk.com/search.php?raw=raw

shayla R. said...
May 18, 2009 at 10:26 pm:
i really enjoyed how you personalized this poem with what you mey have been doing while writing it. while still being deep and insightful.

Meleah13 said...
May 17, 2009 at 5:04 pm:
wow great job keep it up!

Aro_To_The_Heart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15, 2009 at 8:06 pm:
wow...deep...touching...makes you want to search for yourself. its simplicity is its surprising characteristic. it makes it stand out in your mind. really great work!

Serena S. said...
May 13, 2009 at 9:00 pm:
I really like it!!!

Pa S. said...
May 1, 2009 at 5:25 pm:
Really great work. Made me reflect.
Just marvelous. keep it up.

Cameron M. said...
Apr. 30, 2009 at 5:47 am:
beautiful work.very nice job. keep up the good work

Victoria26 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 28, 2009 at 1:34 am:
Complicated...makes you think.

Kumang said...
Apr. 27, 2009 at 8:26 am:
Lol yea is super awesome