Anti-Hero This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Saved by a fingertip
holding on
it could never be wrong
to trust you.
Watch me sleep
headphones, face-smush
legs curled, two-handed sleeping face palm.
Silent guardian
playing
Pearl Jam
reading
Camus
“… break his nose
if he comes any closer …”
Might have been
nothing to you,
but it carefully
flipped my world.

tara* said...
If only all of the silent guardians could know when they carefully flip someone's world.. this is an amazing piece and thank you for sharing the background on it..sometimes I think poetry should be taken and read for what it is, by itself, but there are some, like this one, that knowing the origin/inspiration contributes to it that much more. Because we all have those jerks, but we also have silent guardians flipping our worlds. Thank You for this poem!

oracle-of-nonsense This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yes, if only. I think it's sort of such an abstract poem, that a background is necessary to even understand it. Thank God for that balance! :) Thank you.

allmostfamous said...
nice job i really like this. check out my work?

PurpleMidnight said...
Wow, this is great! Your one of the few people who aren't afraid to write and someone whos other work I will definetly check out as well. Great Job, never stop writing.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. :)

megm5099 said...
Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:29 am
wow i like it! this definitly describes all the jerks in the world

bamboom212 said...
Ha, very true bout the jerks ;) and thanks, i will try. I'm more of a writer than poet. I'd love to keep reading ur work, & maybe sometime u could with mine. lol u seem like a pro, so I'll definetly come 2 ya 4 comments ;P

Well, have you posted any of your writing? I guess I could just not be lazy and go look, right? ;) I dunno about a pro, but I've been writing since I was about 10, so I have a little experience. ;)

bamboom212 replied...
Ha well ur very good as I've mentioned ;) Yes, I did write a piece but haven't been told if it has been put online. Lol it waz just something I wrote out of nothing, just being bored the other day :P Hehe I'll let ya know wen something is online. It'd be gr8 & rele kOoL 2 hav sum1 read it.

Thank you. :) Yeah, let me know whenever they put it up, and I'll go have a looksee.

bamboom212 replied...
Sure, that'd b awesome thx. It's been like a week but I will. Same 4 u too. I'd luvv 2 read more :P

Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:04 am
It takes them a while, sometimes. I'm thinking of putting up a few new pieces, but I've already got a lot of stuff on here, lol

bamboom212 replied...
lol i see. Cant wait to read more!!! I'm still waitin 2 c mine come on...wa hoo. Anywayz lemme know :P

oracle-of-nonsense This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really just want to thank all of you who either commented or ranked this poem. It's made it to the front page, and I'm really honored. Thank you!

ILunar replied...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 9:29 am
Good Story!

ILunar replied...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 9:30 am
Well Accually Good Poem

Thank you :)

Mitchell said...
I love this!!!! The background to it helped me understand! So thank you for adding that!

SickImage said...
Nov. 4, 2009 at 10:03 am
I like knowing the story behind the poem.
It's so much easier for me to visualize now n i love it :]

I usually find it to be that way for me as well. :)