Anti-Hero This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Saved by a fingertip
holding on
it could never be wrong
to trust you.
Watch me sleep
headphones, face-smush
legs curled, two-handed sleeping face palm.
Silent guardian
playing
Pearl Jam
reading
Camus
“… break his nose
if he comes any closer …”
Might have been
nothing to you,
but it carefully
flipped my world.

CLC93 said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:46 pm:
Nice poem. I like the almost surrealistic tone it has. :D

oracle-of-nonsense This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:02 pm :
Surrealistic, you say? ;) I'm glad you like it.

CLC93 replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:28 am :
Yes, but I mean surrealistic in a good way. It reminded me of a surrealistic writing class I took this summer that I really enjoyed.

abeatlesfan65 said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm:
Good poem! I especially like the last two lines "it carefully flipped my world." That's great!

CourtneyLou said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 9:53 pm:
I really like it its diffrent not just another poem :)

Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:02 pm :
Thank you! :)

weloveyouso This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 7:54 pm:
very cool and very unique

metaphor-mouse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 21, 2010 at 6:10 pm:
there isn't such a thing as a "lame poem" :)

oracle-of-nonsense This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 21, 2010 at 9:14 pm:
Please don't leave comments like this on my page. Your comment has nothing to do with anything, and you went out of your way to be mean. Control yourself.

margierose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 21, 2010 at 7:51 am:
This is one of my favorite poems on teenink. I love it! and pearl jam too haha. Would you mind reading some of my poems? I'd be interested as to what you'd think of them...

May 21, 2010 at 9:15 pm :
Really? I'm sort of tired of it getting onto the front page all the time, but I'm glad you like it.

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:30 am :
how can you be tired of a poem getting onto the front page? it's your work. you submittted it and people liked it a lot. that's not a bad thing. I'd like to have MY work on the front page, I'll trade with you anytime! be thankful for what you have

Jul. 4, 2010 at 10:23 pm :
It is really nice. I just don't think it's one of my best. I don't think it deserves as much attention as it's getting. I guess I wish that other works would get looked at too.

another_teenage_itiot said...
Apr. 29, 2010 at 11:14 am:
I like this one. Its neat how you put in the info u did. btw, Pearl Jam rocks!

May 21, 2010 at 9:15 pm :
I figure a little background info always makes a poem more personal. :]

KICK3593 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Now I want to read Camus...

Apr. 8, 2010 at 3:55 pm :
You should. ;)

SolvoAnimus said...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 3:13 am:
haha .

VoiceOfYesterday This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:35 pm:
Wow, I really loved this one. The last two lines really make you think.
It's really nice how you can get some much emotion into just a few lines. I wish I could do that!

sleeplessdreamer said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 5:07 pm:
I didn't really like it... until the end and then I reread it and fell in love with it. Great job! Check out my work?

RainieLee said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 11:00 am:
This is really cute!!! The way you fitted the words together, it's just...perfect! Concise but with a bite. Love it. P.S. Take a look at my work? http ://www.teenink .com /poetry/free_verse/article/179356/Free-Me/