The Seventh Circle | Teen Ink

The Seventh Circle

August 21, 2015
By Derata PLATINUM, Corona, California
Derata PLATINUM, Corona, California
21 articles 1 photo 3 comments

The day was bright, so full of sun and sky, the air so full of song and joy within the air.
Two soul, now bound by love and seemed a life reborn a new as Man and Wife in a new life.
Soon the day was done and night set in a clear night for many years, but overshadowed by an evil plight.
Through all their life such a wife was chained to the name her father claims.
Death followed her gloomy past like mud she could not escape from.
She spread evil like a plague the crime her father managed as the father of an evil family.
And as is the nature if such things the darkness claimed her in it's heart and the cold she spread was now her own.
But now there was a man her partner through the good and bad.
He was free of the dark she spread and was her only friend.
And as he sat alone as she fell into the void he took up the weapon of her own undoing.
And with the sound that ended her he too was dead by his own hand.
  He fell into the blackness that consumed his soul at the very end in grief.
He fell and fell in to the black like a pit of men's darkest dreams the he was gripped by evils hand a fiend at his shoulder.
There are many things that can inspire fear in men, but none as cold as a demons touch.
Like like ice in his veins he froze at the sight of this beast and he hit the ground with pain beyond his comprehension.
He looked around and saw the fate his beloved lived and breathed the sorrow she had brought upon her self.
He only wished to find her soul and drag it from the pit.
The fiendish face of a nightmare in the flesh took him to the edge.
A cliff a fall in to the maw of Perdition's hungry jaws.
The fiend through him down and he saw that he was to fall to the bottom of nine cliffs. He had fallen from those who had done no good but no true evil either.
Now to lust his evil guide dragged him through to see to pain they to had reaped.
He knew with in his heart of hearts that he and stolen his own life and as that act of violence he would go to the same place as his own wife.
And so this quest threw Hells depths would so be over and he forever dead.
Lust was fleeting as he ran pushed by the claws of his infernal jailer.
Another cliff, another fall now gluttony was the call.
He looked around at the putrid faces of his fellows so filled with their sin as to be beyond recognition.
Without a pause a rest to keep the spirt high he was tossed in to greed.
He landed to the slight of many dead and their frightful torment.
He couldn't see his wife's poor soul and looked instead for another fall.
He was not to be denied and it came quickly but lasted long.
The crack of bones rent in his years as he saw the anger around his broken form.
Before him and around where the souls of those gripped by anger in its throughs.
They screeched and howled in fury at their foes but unable to fight back the fiends that pushed they down.
And so he stumbled through the mud and gore that formed a pool around this tormented pit.
Again he fell in to the dark blackness all around but here and there were human torches in the dark.
The Heretics were these poor lot.
Left to forever burn for the lies they told in life.
And now he saw his final fall into the seventh ring the violence that took his soul was now to be his punishment.
His guide then left back up the pit upon his dragon wings to find another soul to guide into their final pit if sin.
And so the man walked man walked and ran in search of his dearest love.
When he found her not he realized her sin was not that of violence but that of a traitors word.
Fraud was her as the lies she spun around her real life and blinded even him until her end. He looked down the cliff and thrust himself down into its depths.
This fall was the longest of them all, he fell for centuries into the perdition's darkest pits.
When hit slammed into the ground it was not as before.
Now he had no guide for that ugly fiend was also a guardian keeping his charge from his brethren.
Now when the man got up he was besieged by claws and teeth.
His limbs bitten and his blood sucked, he could not moved threw the throng of demons all around.
He did not belong and so he must be gone from this pit of evil he had not done.
There he would have died once more if not for his force of will.
By his strength he walk free of the throng then ran to escape its grasp.
And then he saw with in the dark the figure of his beloved one.
He had no time to comfort her no time to say his words of love.
Instead he grabbed her and jump into the final pig of all.
Treachery is the worst of all the sin for which few men can do and not be broken by themselves. So when they landed in its depths there were no guards to seize them both.
Here there was only ice, faces stretched into the dark of frozen souls within the deep.
Escape was fruitless from this place there was no where for them to go.
However the dead are desperate and so the dug.
With fist and rocks into the ice until in cracked.
Both of them fell and fell through the black.
When they awoke they were where they started, bleeding dead on the ground.
But they were not trapped in the grip of flesh instead they roamed through out the world
With out a body or a cause doomed to see, but never feel.
The worst fate of all they suffered then that of being with out cause.