Eight Kisses | Teen Ink

Eight Kisses

February 17, 2015
By SamanthaNZ GOLD, Dexter, Michigan
SamanthaNZ GOLD, Dexter, Michigan
10 articles 2 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Well-behaved women seldom make history


Age 9: He kissed her. She tasted like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and Childhood Innocence. He ran off to play capture the flag. She ran to giggle with her friends.

Age 16: He kissed her. She tasted like Stale Booze and Heartbreak. He watched as she turned around and walked out. She wanted something else.

Age 27: She kissed him. He tasted like Lemonade and New Beginnings. She giggled shyly. He kissed her back.

Age 31: He kissed her. She tasted like Wedding Cake and a Hope-Filled Future. He searched her eyes as if they held the secrets of the world. She felt like she belonged.

Age 45: She kissed him. He tasted like Dr. Pepper and Contentment. he opened his eyes and stretched out his arms. She snuggled closer.

Age 53: He kissed her. She tasted like Grape Jam and Distrust. He apologized. She walked away.

Age 65: She kissed him. He tasted like Caramel Apples and Concern. She assured him she was okay. He didn’t believe her.

Age 76: He kissed her. She tasted like Sweat and Unfinished Goodbyes. He watched her. She struggled to take her final breath.