Alone (Tribute to Alice in Wonderland)

Falling
Falling
  Falling

The noise from above
   fades away
Away from the world
   I fall into silence
Silence surrounds me
   And I awake
Awake to nothing

And for the first time in forever,
I am alone
And I find myself in a world in which I am alone yet not lonely.

And for the first time in forever,
Everything is real.
My thoughts are more alive than yesterday as they carry me on to tomorrow

Away from all the pain
   into an imaginary place
Placing my fears
   out of sight
Sighting a silver lining
   I take a chance
A chance to see a different world

And for the first time in forever,
I am far from home
And for the first time forever,
I am alone

But despite it all, I am not lonely.

Because for the first time in forever,
My thoughts are my own.
They are living, breathing, nonconforming.
For I find myself
  in Wonderland.

Helena_Noel said...
Jun. 12, 2015 at 1:46 am
So incredibly well-formed with just a *teensy* side of breathtaking! I love how the Beginning stands out from the rest, just a few repeated words that serve to leave their shadow leaning silently over the rest and putting it into context. All throughout, there is a sense of drifting, where "My thoughts are more alive than yesterday as they carry me on/ to tomorrow." The speaker's mind is alive with some preoccupation more real than physical loneliness. Here, the movement of physical bodies doesn... (more »)

Thanks4theTradgedyIneedIt4myArt said...
@CaseyChickenWang i liked how you wrote this, it felt like every word i read was hanging by a thread and if i so much took a breath it would snap..I loved that. Poems that make me hold my breath are very good. :D great job:D

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm with everyone for the most part. It's whimsical, raw, and darker in a sense. I did, however, find the line "And for the first time in forever" a little too similar to "For the First Time in Forever" from Frozen. That being said, I do enjoy reading the poem. Very surreal.

CaseyChickenWang This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
LOL yes, sigh, I'm gonna need to fix that but thanks a lot!

Amai-kun This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like your work. It's both whimsical and slightly frightening, like a darker version of the real Wonderland. I agree with Robot on the shape of the verses. They match the insanity of your writing.

karkitty replied...
UMMMM I THINK THIS IS FREEVERSE. AND I GET THAT YOU LIKE POETRY BUT I THINK IT IS SUPPOSED TO RYHME NOT JUST YOU KNOW. HAIKU LIKE POEMS.

Amai-kun This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
It isn't haiku. And freeverse poetry doesn't have to rhyme...

RobotPenn.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love, love, love the verse about being alone, but not being lonesome, with world of your own to create. Magical. Just magical. Also, this may sound weird, but I really liked just looking at the shape of the verses. How they were a little uneven and short and then long, with plenty of space to breath in between. Beautiful. I loved it!

Hahaha I am SO glad you noticed the shape, I'm glad it had an effect on your reading of it.