Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

Ayushi18 said...
today at 7:22 am:
The content is one with which everyone can relate with....especially those are still phasing in their adolescence....we keep looking for love, keep relating and may feel the most lonley sometimes...

Courage said...
Jul. 9 at 12:01 pm:
This was a good poem.  The content I think many people can relate to.  it is ever a mystery to me that everyone seems to be looking for it, yet so few have found it.  I loved someone once, very much, but my love was not returned.  Dont give up, I have hope that the empty hearts in this world will be filled by others looking for love.

RhiannonHThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 24 at 8:38 pm:
i agree too. i felt that same way and didnt find anythng satifying until i became a christian

deecee replied...
Jun. 9 at 5:52 pm :
Yes i agree

ScreenName777 said...
Apr. 2 at 1:30 pm:
It's deep and raw and relentless; it's full of rash emotion and want. It's wild.

Jenna said...
Feb. 13 at 11:09 am:
That emptyness in side you that thirst for love can only be filled by god you will keep searching all your life wanting more and more and even when you have it you will still feel empty in side because gods love is something that can't be filled anyway else

foreverhereThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 26 at 3:49 pm :
I believe what Jenna is saying.. only God can really fulfill that love.. yes later on down the road youll find a guy who will really love you but right now God is the only one who will fulfilll the love that you want

deecee replied...
Jun. 9 at 5:53 pm :
I think that is happens to be extremly true.  

SoldMySoulForLove said...
Feb. 13 at 10:35 am:
Wow, very deep and touching.

lexiii said...
Feb. 13 at 9:44 am:
i think this is really cute & has a great message .

Brinikins said...
Feb. 13 at 9:32 am:
This is so true about the world. We all need a little more love as the world is getting worse. Wonderful!!

hiiiii said...
Feb. 12 at 12:20 pm:
this poem is really good and shows the importance of being loved.

Briipeaaa said...
Feb. 10 at 11:48 am:
You are incredily talented; I could feel the emotion leaking through the words. Good job! :)

MichealMulkey said...
Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:55 am:
Most of these simple poems that may or may not be low quality recieve so many comments because they are highly controversial topics world wide. weather or not you believe this poem was produced with proper "craftmanship" or "creativity" and "originality", this writer's objective was to reach readers and others that have either felt this pain and conflict or can relate to this type of situation. simply put, I believe this was very succesful. Good job kid.

ScorpioBabii said...
Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:03 am:
That is very deep with emotion. I know how it feels to want somebody to miss and to know when it's gone. But luckily I found someone that I can miss and I will never know when he is gone.  

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love this! You're not alone(:

jtorres5348 said...
You are really good at writing,

xxilybaexx said...
This is absolutely beautiful, and i feel your pain.... You are an amazing writer.... keep it up :)  

Kat127 said...
I could really relate to what you were feeling and the way you put it into words is beautiful. You are very talented, keep up the good work! 

writefearless said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 pm:
i so love this. the rhetorical questions make it very powerful. plus i can feel the emotion of the persona. beautiful :)