Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

bootypopper23 said...
Apr. 1 at 12:08 pm
it doesnt rhyme

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 17 at 10:53 pm
poetry doesn't need to :D

Bobby billy crispy said...
Mar. 21 at 10:22 pm
What are you trying to say in this poem?

EdubsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 21 at 9:35 pm
Let's just take a moment to acknowledge that someone has finally put this into words.

mads1827This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 21 at 3:59 pm
you just said exactly how I have felt for the longest time

harthur57 said...
Feb. 22 at 11:07 pm
This is very relatable and is very powerful as well. I enjoyed this poem.

Mia7789 said...
Feb. 18 at 10:56 am
This is really nice. I think it is well written.

RaucousRavenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12 at 5:01 pm
Needs a lot of improvement. Although the message is alright, it is still generic.

Feb. 4 at 7:20 pm
Check me out some feedback would mean the world to me.

Feb. 4 at 7:17 pm
Need Improvement

MidnightStorm225 said...
Dec. 17, 2015 at 8:36 am
hit me in the feels

DemiRose70510This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love it. So relatable

tayfreeman. said...
I, like many others probably, can relate to this poem so well! And i think that's what makes it great- personal with a strong message but, at the same time, very relatable to readers.

WolfLuver said...
I like this it reminds me so much of me and my life

cartierthefoamposite said...
Nov. 6, 2015 at 9:21 am
Love is a very strong drug of life. This is a true writing of what love can do to two individuals, which is a reason why I love this poem.

Queenjonah said...
This poem is honestly what I feel about love and being in love. When you say, “I want raw, unrelenting love,” I feel deep inside of my heart what you mean. I understand what is written on an emotional level when it comes to meaning behind the poem. I am in awe with the honesty and emotion that you have put into your work.

2cmakayla said...
Nov. 4, 2015 at 9:58 am
Many teens, including myself, feel as if they can never be loved. “What is wrong with me? What makes me so un-lovable?” are questions that are asked everyday. The poem speaks to me because love is complex; it can be heartbreaking and wonderful all at the same time. I have experienced love, but “I want raw, unrelenting love. The real deal.”

loula said...
Nov. 2, 2015 at 10:50 am
beautiful darling. outstanding!

Darius_NoblesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 14, 2015 at 10:27 am
TeenInk.com/users/Darius_Nobles Please Leave Constructive Criticism, There's always room for improvement. Thanks Enjoy.

DLove said...
Love it. described me in every word