Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

DLoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 5:19 pm
Love it. described me in every word

BritneyAllison said...
yesterday at 5:29 am
This poem is pretty sad but beautiful. Please continue to write amazing poems like this one!

elisam14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9 at 7:38 pm
Love this, can relate.

peystallings said...
Apr. 2 at 2:17 pm
This is a really good poem, nice word choice! Love it

Iamwhoiam16This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 19 at 5:56 am
I really love the way it was written! :) Great job!

Gabbyobelar said...
Feb. 20 at 9:51 pm
This is a very interesting and lovely poem! Great job and keep it up(:

TakeAGuessKataraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 19 at 9:43 pm
An interesting view on love.

PeaceCanConquerAll said...
Feb. 5 at 4:07 pm
very good piece

GeorgiaLazThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 26 at 8:11 pm
This is really interesting and thoughtful...I think it's great!

osu15 said...
This was a very interresting poem in a good way

authoress17 said...
That was a beautiful. You are a wonderful writer!

Coopter_03 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Like woah. That was legit

amber603This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautiful! the idea of unconditional love is what we all need but can be unattainable sometimes.

KaiLeenaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That was beautifully put. I feel as though you can and will be an inspiration to many. Your poem has made me see some things and question myself in the way you have. Perhaps, I have always questioned myself. It is so good to not feel so alone. I wish you the best of luck to find the love that you deserve.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I can relate to this; it's amazing. It's absolutely, wonderful. You have such a talent and greatness in you; and I hope you know that. You are a amazing and wonderful and talented writer and person. ^_^ Thank you for sharing this. ^_^

Ayushi18 said...
Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:22 am
The content is one with which everyone can relate with....especially those are still phasing in their adolescence....we keep looking for love, keep relating and may feel the most lonley sometimes...

Courage said...
This was a good poem.  The content I think many people can relate to.  it is ever a mystery to me that everyone seems to be looking for it, yet so few have found it.  I loved someone once, very much, but my love was not returned.  Dont give up, I have hope that the empty hearts in this world will be filled by others looking for love.

RhiannonHThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i agree too. i felt that same way and didnt find anythng satifying until i became a christian

deecee replied...
Yes i agree

Carrie300 replied...
Jan. 20 at 9:48 pm
I agree as well.