Need Love?

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

SallyW.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:43 pm
Nice! I love how you can write without needing it to rhyme. Go check out my poem, please. It's the first one I've posted. TeenInk.com/poetry/all/article/909069/The-Peasant-Boy/

AlyssaCascos said...
Jul. 9 at 12:06 am
Love this poem! Amazing and very relatable!

Della1919 said...
Jun. 17 at 10:42 pm
lovely poem.your poem made me read aloud.

DBofficialThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17 at 9:33 am
You put what I think about into words! Lovely poem.

slytherinborn said...
Jun. 10 at 2:33 am
This is a beautiful poem. True, love should be raw and unrelenting. I couldn't think of a better way to describe it. Simply marvelous!

E.InisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 3:52 pm
Beautiful. The abstract nature of the poem perfectly matches that of the topic of love itself. A meaningful piece.

haley37 said...
May 4 at 1:03 pm
That is a beautiful poem!

Skatergirl152This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 10:46 am
no its not its beautiful

Della1919 replied...
Jun. 17 at 10:44 pm
and what's its beautiful?

bootypopper23 said...
Apr. 1 at 12:08 pm
it doesnt rhyme

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 17 at 10:53 pm
poetry doesn't need to :D

IndigoWaltzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 2 at 9:48 pm
Well this is a mess of a poem if you can call it that.

Bobby billy crispy said...
Mar. 21 at 10:22 pm
What are you trying to say in this poem?

EdubsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21 at 9:35 pm
Let's just take a moment to acknowledge that someone has finally put this into words.

mads1827 said...
Mar. 21 at 3:59 pm
you just said exactly how I have felt for the longest time

harthur57 said...
Feb. 22 at 11:07 pm
This is very relatable and is very powerful as well. I enjoyed this poem.

Mia7789 said...
Feb. 18 at 10:56 am
This is really nice. I think it is well written.

RaucousRavenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12 at 5:01 pm
Needs a lot of improvement. Although the message is alright, it is still generic.

Feb. 4 at 7:20 pm
Check me out some feedback would mean the world to me.

Feb. 4 at 7:17 pm
Need Improvement