Little Girl

I'm still that little girl that used to ask for you to push me on the swings when I didn't know how to push myself.

I'm still that little girl that used to hold your hand while we walked across a busy street together.

I'm still that little girl that used to sit in front of the television watching "Sesame Street" all morning.

I'm still that little girl that used to cry for you when I didn't see your face.

I'll still be that little girl.

I'll eventually be that little girl going off to college.

I'll eventually be that little girl that buys her first car.

I'll eventually be that little girl that applys for her first job.

I'll eventually be that little girl that will walk down the aisle on her wedding day.

But I'll still be your little girl.

For now I'm that little girl trying to balance friends, family and school.

For now I'm that little girl that's praying to get that new iPod I saw at "Best Buy" for Christmas.

For now I'm that little girl running to her Momma for advice.

For now I'm that little girl making mistakes and trying to learn from them.

For now I'm that little girl trying to figure out life!

I'm just that little girl growing up.

Acullen13 said...
yeah, too much "little girl". take out "little girl" and it would be great! i once wrote a poem kind of like this for my mom.....

epcelia said...
Nov. 18, 2009 at 1:39 am:
good stuff(:

Lenaforver said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 11:41 am:
I liked the poem, and the idea. But I agree I think its a little to much "little girl"

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 12:20 am:
I like the idea of the poem, but i don't like how often little girl is repeated. if i were to write it, i would just use little girl at the beginning and end..3 times max. but that's just me.

Maxine. replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 7:13 am :
Thank you Fayrouz. I agree with you & Lena. I think I just didn't know how to change that up without making the poem sound lame. lol. Do you think you can comment my other articles? I liked how you were honest & didn't beat around the bush. :]

Aisjah W. said...
Jul. 13, 2009 at 12:59 am:
I Luv It! This is Awesome! Keep Up The Good Work Hun!

Kamanie said...
Jul. 12, 2009 at 10:43 pm:
Hi! That was very nice. I liked it very much. You are a good writer! Can't wait to read your other works! Keep on writing!

TheAuthor said...
Jan. 7, 2009 at 4:38 am:
Hello to anyone who reads this! Um, can you guys comment on this and criticize this for me? I really want to better myself so any comments you have, good or bad, please let me know!

thepreechyteenager replied...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 6:54 pm :
I <3 what u wrote, growing up is awesome and sux at the same time. Whoever invented growing up forgot to make a word to describe it. I think one of these days I want to put a little of my stuff on this site, but I'm afraid it's just going to rot on this website and never be read by anybody, any advice?

Maxine. replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 7:03 am :
Preechy, I totally understand where your coming from, I felt the same way also! But I still tried. All I want is for people to comment my articles so I can know how to become a better writer.
You should post whatever you want, I waited a longggg time for someone to comment my articles, but I still kept trying. You should too! Good luck hun!

thepreechyteenager replied...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 3:09 pm :
Thanks for the advice, maybe I will post something one day.
Good luck with your writing, become a famous poet or author or whatever, and buy lots of Swiss cheese