Lifeless Girl | Teen Ink

Lifeless Girl

I stopped eating so I could be skinny I've always hated being me All I want to do is die Since my demons told me lies

I've been going insane  So I could stop the pain I took my sharpest blade, Because I am afraid

What If I fail, This would never end well It was getting harder to breathe It was time to leave I sliced my wrist, Along with my waist. I put my head in a noose So there's nothing to loss

I kicked over my chair Now I am just hanging here Tears ran down my face I am just a waste of place The world started fading And I know my life was ending With no more tears And no more fears As life went on, it grew harder As I grew colder I hung dead above my floor  As you knocked down my door I am the Lifeless Girl, you see There's nothing else I'd rather be To have pale white skin And a body so broken I admit they have won Because I had no one to depend on They showed me my fate I am the Lifeless Girl you hate

I've written this for teens with suicidal thoughts, and self harm. I've been through it, and i hated those times. I felt alone, and worthless. I want others to know that they are not alone. There are others.