The Drowning Astronaut This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

sky full of teeth
bone white and bleached
leer in the darkness
of shivering galaxies.

too dark to survive
too bright to hide
gasping for air,
spun by an uncaring sky.

scuttling star shards
send their regards
unblinking and cold
in a sky inky and charred.

shut your eyes tight
make your own light,
eyelids a womb,
eyelids a tomb.

Fade into night.

TargonTheDragon said...
whoa!!!! this is awesome! i had the same feelings that Mckay described. Excellent work. (also i need to see gravity as well)

GreyGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:21 am
Glad you liked it! I still haven't seen it. Need to get on that :D

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Reminds me much of Gravity when Sandra Bullock is swimming uncontrollably in the vast expanses of strarried skies. Loved your imagery: very Imagist of you. I have a affection for stars and eeriely for hopelessness. This poem captures that hopeless feeling. Space is so grand that being caught there all on your own is (if not the worst) one of the worst scenarios and feelings ever. Well done. 

Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:20 am
I haven't watched that movie yet. I need to! I am glad you liked this poem :)

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You must watch it! It's dazzling and thrilling and just AGGGGHHHHH! 

Jul. 2, 2014 at 5:27 am
Okay, thanks for the reccomendation. I will put it on my summer watch-list :D  

JRaye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You never disappoint, do you? This is great! The imagery is so stunning and creative, Love it! :D

aww thank you so much. Glad you like it. I'm pretty much done with school for the summer so hopefully, I can write more :D Again, thanks for the compliments!