Song for the Stormy Days

Standing in the rain
So alone and without a soul to care
I am cold and afraid
But when the rain chills my soul
And my hope is empty
I remember that you are here with me
When I cannot feel the sun
When my heart is broken with no relief in sight
I remember you and hope comes through again
When the storm is long and
My faith washes away
I remember that you are near me still
When I cannot find the moon
And the stars are dark
I remember you and light comes through again
Standing in the rain
So alone and without a steady mind
I am cold and afraid
But when rain falls again
And my hope is empty
I remember you

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 3 at 2:03 pm:
Reading this beautiful poem whilst listening to the backdrop of beautiful music (Kiss the Rain by Yiruma)... One day the editors will realise that they simply can't go on ingoring your talent!   If it's not too much trouble could you possibly read my new novel. It's not finished (quite) but it is very long and I would love your opinion on it. It hasn't been approved quite yet - I only jsut sumbitted it - but when it comes through I'd really appreciate your tim... (more »)

PaperArmageddonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 4 at 12:31 am :
Whoa, weird... I'm listening to a violin cover of Kiss The Rain right now! I'm actually kind of obsessed with it. :D Anyway, I sincerely thank you for the compliment, Cat. And of course I'll read your new book when it comes through! I'm subscribed to you, ya know. It's very friendly stalking! <3

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 4 at 12:13 pm :
Wow that IS wierd - I love the song too; it's kind of the 'theme song' for my new book (of books had theme songs) Thanks very much, I really appreciate my friendly stalker!