She speaks in rigid patterns of humor | Teen Ink

She speaks in rigid patterns of humor

By Clova PLATINUM, Miami, Florida
Clova PLATINUM, Miami, Florida

Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent-thus wisdom wants us: she is a woman and always loves only a warrior

Now, where do I begin? Should I start in my labyrinth labeled sin?

Should I begin with my feminist ideals? Or the constant debate to swallow three meals?

Or maybe the way my feeble breasts, dictate how I’ll do on an intelligence test?

Can’t you see, I am struggling to even pay for a college degree?

The bright, white hope that shines through my eyes, will only be greeted by debt and denies?

Because who I am I really, without the GPA and community service? A silly girl striving to make a change, does this make you nervous?

Darling, honey, love, can’t you see? Or are my complexities to profound, sugar pea?

I often giggle at the excitement of others, “Ya dude frat life, the unity of meathead brothers”

Consequently, I frown at my naive nature. There is so much I wish to learn, how can I decide on one major?

While others had popped out of the womb, and practically crawled, book in hand, to the operating room.

And how can I forget the aspect of love, something so sought after, a gift from above.

On a personal level, I am completely enchanted. As my best friend and lover, my heart was gladly handed.

But, in a world full of a******’s and b******, we lose the tenderness to rapists and girl’s seeking riches.

And I am not a tool of pleasure, so when I say no, do not attempt a desperate measure!

But, this is not an anthem of woman power. Can you hear the importance, it’s beginning to tower?

I am simply trying to understand my place in the world, aren’t you tired of waiting for the truth to be unfurled?

Why I am addicted to the monotony of instagram feed? I wonder, has someone secretly planted a seed?

Does anyone else feel like they’re constantly drowning? While ironically searching for a silver lining?

How can it be, that as an official adult, I am beginning to feel apart of a cult?

With their rules and expectations, life suddenly became an endless application!

I do no fear the responsibility of life, but must we remove creativity, light-humor, and dreaming with a surgical knife?

Is there no other way to achieve nirvana, but walk through hells gate, into an endless sauna?

This sauna, of course, represents the crisp, green dollar bill, that all humans live for until their over the hill.

Sometimes I crave a term undefined, it’s found only when one has achieved a sound peace of mind.

Does this make me crazy? My relentless, sleepless days, that often makes me lazy?

And yes, my intellects, I speak to you in simplest terms; my verbose tendencies need a break, they confirm.

18 years later and I’ve decided on honesty, sometimes a clear statement states much more through modesty.

Have I lost you in my deliberate digressions? I hope not, there is nothing quite like strange first impressions.

However, I suppose it is time to conclude; my point was truly not to dampen your mood.

In fact, underneath this bantering rant, is not an attempt to scream or chant.

Instead, I am trying to spur new views. To break free of tradition and embrace all, even the blues.

Because the world around us is what’s truly real, not the girl who sold her soul for an instagram deal.

The talents we are born with, intertwined with dreams and passion; should consume us all, not the latest fashion.

And all though many concepts were spoken through humor, I hope you see some absurdities and seek the truth, not a rumor.

So go forth from now on, and fight for what you want, gleam who you are, burn bright in this darkening Earth. For time is limited, this is all we have, why waste on judgements, each day is your rebirth.

I bid you Adieu, in hopes that I’ve sparked

a path you’ve neglected and have not yet embarked

Sorting my thoughts