The Last Fight

Aside from the cuts and bruises,
They say that you’re okay,
As they watch your last breaths,
Be taken away,

As you fight your opponent,
The pressure is on you,
Because you know that there isn’t,
Enough winning space for two,

But in this fighting ring,
You still stand proud,
As you watch,
The bet money be counted allowed,

In the back of your mind,
You push the pain aside,
Because you know,
That there is no time,

Although you can’t help but notice,
That the floor is cold,
Covered in blood,
Not even an hour old,

As reality checks in,
You go numb,
Realizing that your life is almost done,

It’s obvious who bet on you,
Because there screams,
Are loud and cruel,

As the floor becomes more red,
The thoughts are fading from your head,

As your eyes close and your breathing slows,
You know that your bravery shows...

boundlesswildflower said...
Wow <3 the imagery and how passinate it is (to me :) ). I love how you personify something usually taken so badly. Really enjoyed reading this (totally 5 stars) and would love to read your other pieces!! 

ChasingForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:16 pm :
Thank you so much!! That means alot!! :)

AhtmahKhalsa said...
Very well done! I like it!

Sept. 16, 2013 at 1:13 pm :
Thanks so much!

RozaAlexander said...
This is really good, feels just like being there.

Sept. 16, 2013 at 1:10 pm :
Thank you! That means alot!

Alabian said...
This gave me shivers! So, so, beautiful! I felt courageous as I read this! Amazing job! :))

Sept. 13, 2013 at 9:17 pm :
Thank you so, so much!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is wonderful. What a wonderful concept! The whole fighting scene is a brilliant way to depict ur poem, and i thoroughly enjoyed it. WELL DONE

Sept. 13, 2013 at 6:56 pm :
Thank you very much! :)

hrj_nikki14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like this chasing!

Sept. 13, 2013 at 3:37 pm :
Thanks!