Chains

On my neck,
There it lies,
The thing that made me,
A living home for flies,

I swear it weighs,
As much as me,
Even when I’m not,
Tied to this tree,

Left here to suffer,
And eventually die,

I beg to everybody,
That passes by,

They never stop,
They only stare,
And then continue to walk the trail,

What’s wrong with me?
Am I that bad?
I’m not the worse my owners have,

Up the road,
And to the left,
Are twenty more,
I’d have to guess,

Behind the stump
Near the ditch,
That’s were all the dead ones,
Are pitched,

You can see me,
I know you can,
Is it that hard?
To lend a helping hand?

411Ellie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow!! This is amazing!! Very powerful undertones!

ChasingForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:30 pm :
Thank you so much!!

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This piece describes lots of people and situations. And nicely formed. Good work:)

Sept. 16, 2013 at 7:36 pm :
Thank you very, very much! :)

Alabian said...
I can totally relate to this! It is wonderful! Keep up the good work! xoxox

Sept. 13, 2013 at 9:15 pm :
Thanks darling! xoxo

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing and really describes ALOT about how people feel, and is extrmelly relatable. GREAT JOB ur awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sept. 13, 2013 at 6:53 pm :
Thanks you so much!! Your comment means alot!! :)

hrj_nikki14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is deffinitly my favorite! Talking about how people just watch you struggle. This is very relatable. Also wondering what is wrong with you? I love how you also included that. By far, my fav.

Sept. 13, 2013 at 3:50 pm :
Thank you so, so much! It means ALOT! :)

hrj_nikki14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 13, 2013 at 11:03 pm :
Well, your comments mean just as much to me!!