Standing on Thin Ice

Standing on Thin ice
The ice was thin before
But now it’s cracking
And here I’m standing—
Lying to myself
Thinking it’ll all be fine
When here I am
Running, quickly, out of time

There are many in the lifeboats
Reaching out to me
Extending help, lending a hand
Reminding me that I
have to come to them.

Here I am standing on thinning ice
That’s cracking beneath my feet—
Denying the truth, disregarding the help,
Looking to the sky for an answer.
The empty sky offers me everything
And nothing—
Some of which I accept
Some of which I ignore.

Nothing can help me now,
Except me—only I can help myself.

SoImAWriterNowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 24 at 4:24 pm:
Yeah I know what you mean. Sometimes you have pages worth of stuff you want to upload and you don't lol.. I have a feeling that a lot of writers on here are like that. You were right! It is very easy to relate with and like I said before, speaks VOLUMES! Haha I love it :)

ToPonJahThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:09 pm :
I really really appreciate your input! I look forward to reading your work as well! Thank you for your comments, and yes, I do have loads of poems and stories that I cannot upload! It is so sad! Thank you again for talking with me!

Aug. 4 at 12:41 pm:
This was both very simple and very beautiful. The way you explained that ultimately, only you can help yourself was very nice. Great Job!

Sep. 17 at 7:17 pm :
Why, Thank you fellow writer! :D I love your comical username!^^ I really appreciate Your thoughts on my poem! Really! Thank you for your compliments! I really look forward to feedback on my work! This poem is very, very personal for me. So thank you, SoImAWriterNow.

SoImAWriterNowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 20 at 7:13 pm :
Why thank you for the compliment on my username ;D and it was a complete joy to read your poem and thank YOU again for sharing it with everyone. I appreciate it even more now knowing it has a particularly personal to you :) NEVER. STOP. WRITING. This is crucial to all writers

Sep. 23 at 6:07 pm :
Oh my goodness,, thank you so much SoImAWriterNow! :D I often write but I do not get to post them as much as I would like to. I knew I had to share this poem because I knew others could relate and would find comfort in it. I like your motto! NEVER STOP WRITING! :D