When It Rains

Gazillion diamonds shower down on me,
Every droplet cries, “I’m free, I’m free!”
An ice-cold shock touches my cheek,
And when it rains all else is bleak.
Prince or pauper, the same to all;
Whenever, wherever, however it may fall!
A poet or painter or writer could not but say:
“When it rains, ‘Tis a joyous day.”
The roses embossed with tiny pearls,
A scene of utter beauty unfurls.
With a splash, my sense of touch tingles,
And when it rains, nature with it mingles.
Ere turning in and submitting to dreams,
I smile to myself, for the land gleams…

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:15 pm:
Ive read a lot of your work...and I absoluelty loooove it! U are such an amazing writer! Some people look at rain and groan, this poem shows the beauty and art of rain. Beautiful!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:35 am :
Yes! Thank You. That IS exactly what I was hoping for. :)) 

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 7 at 11:54 am:
I LOVE the rain, as you can tell by my screen name :P I think you did a great job with the rhyming here, it's natural and not forced. I cannot write rhyming poetry for the life of me. Your imagery was also beautiful, especially the roses line! And lastly, thanks for all the comments you left on my poems! :)  

Sep. 8 at 4:08 am :
Ah, yes of course so t'was no surprise either when I saw that you'd chosen to read this one :) Why, thank you. I used to write only rhyming poems a while back, nowadays I've been writing a lot of Haiku and free-verse.  And thank you so much. I do love this poem for all those very things. Well, no matter how many faults a mother can't help but love her child eternally, though this one if kind of in my favourites :P    And come on, I loved reading your poems. I... (more »)

Athena19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 13 at 5:05 pm:
I love the rain to :) I can totaly relate

Jun. 14 at 3:25 am :
Awww..Thanks for the feedback. I'm ever so happy :D

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 28 at 12:39 pm:
Hello! It's been awhile, hasn't it? I'd always come and read your work! And I don't know what happened.. I've missed your poetry! By the way, thank you for the wonderful comment you left on my poem 'Princesses'! I'm glad you liked it! Well, I plan to visit your page more often to read your lovely work. I enjoyed this so much! Moving away from the south and the wonderful rain we'd always get I now live in the desert where I rarely see rain.. oh, I miss it! You ... (more »)

May 29 at 4:33 am :
Oh well for that I'd rather not put in the cliche "You're Welcome" because you already know that But for this Thank YOU Ever so much! I had no idea really, that you read my work :))) that's great to know.... Also I really LOVE rain and I'm glad that this piece could portray a little of that ... I'm just SO happy that you like it and enjoyed reading :))  Have an amazing day! 

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16 at 9:40 am:
Blag! I ended up clicking on the ad below the comment box rather than the pst comment button. Oh well. I dont mind telling you again that this is awesome! I mean it! I am ALWAYS entranced by rain, and LOVE the imagry you used to describe it. Twas clever of you to ue not just visual but sensational discriptions as well. I love the words and phrases you chose: Gazillion diamonds shower down", "roses embossed with shiny pearls", and of course, ""'Tis a joyous day." I actually use that phrase, and n... (more »)

May 25 at 5:28 am :
Oh  My Christi! I was overwhelmed by this specific comment of yours.. I suppose of all my stuff you really liked this one. And for that I'm EXTREMELY happy! Thank You for all that amazing praise. And I'm skipping and jumping happy that you like it THAT much ! Do tell me what your friends say!

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 5 at 11:39 pm:
This was very pretty and I especially loved the line -with a splash, my sense of touch tingles - great that you took into account the tiniest details of a rainfall! Lol when you said that the same rain falls on very one, I was reminded of Sheldon cooper from the Big Bang theory and that episode in which he looks at some stranger sitting beside him on the public bench in the rain n says 'raindrops. Falling on the head of the brilliant and commoner like you alike' lol I loved that episode :D this ... (more »)

May 7 at 1:15 pm :
That's one of my fav. lines too as it goes on beyond what rain is to what rain is to me.. ... I am ecstatic.. I really love writing about rain and that you like this means that it is good. And I also meant for it to make people happy which it did so yeah,, totally,, literally skipping happy. Thank You. And even though I've watched very few episodes, from all seasons there are Sheldon is one of my favourite characters! That must've been epic, him saying that. I can totally imagine his... (more »)

TevyRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 2 at 9:49 am:
I LOVE IT!! it's exactly how i feel about rain!! wonderful job!! 

May 4 at 11:24 am :
Ohh Thank YOU!!  I'm ever so glad you could relate.... It seems we love many similar things huh... What is your star? As in horoscopic? Date of birth? 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 26 at 5:50 pm:
I too love rain but not acid rain. haha. Yay. I'm so happy to see new poems from you. This one makes me happy. 

Apr. 27 at 1:54 am :
Hahhaahaa.... Well nobody's a fan of acid rain I think..... I'm overjoyed that this one made you happy,..  Really, I hoped it would. The other one ended rather sadly I suppose.... And again Thanks for reading. :D :D

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 26 at 5:05 pm:
This is absolutely beautiful! The imagery is strikingly vivid, I could almost feel the shock of a cold raindrop against my skin. I can tell I've found someone who loves the rain as much as I do :)

Apr. 27 at 1:53 am :
Yes, I'd say you have Em! And Thank You....It's great that you FELT this poem... I meant it to be for all those rain loving people out there! Which includes you of course... You go, man! 

HamzawaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 25 at 10:39 am:
Beautifulllll!!!!!!! I love rain too! Hey, I have the honour to be the first person to comment on this poem. Yay!

Apr. 27 at 1:45 am :
Oh Wow, yes you do, your highness! Thank you for reading and I'm skipping happy that you liked it :D