The Fey

Oftentimes it came, as an unforeseen trick.
A faerie, so pretty, yet evil and sick.

Beautiful things, they come with a price,
Their tricks will leave you frozen like ice.

Once you believe them, once you have seen,
You realize your folly, well Fate is mean.

It’s not really your fault, you’ll come to know,
No human can resist a faerie’s glow.

They haunt you with passion and frivolous things,
They like to impale you like butterfly wings.

The Fey, as they’re called, they know how to kill.
The tricky thing, now, is keeping your Will.

HazelGrace said...
I have trouble with sonnets, on accounts of all the rules and such. The mark of a great sonnet is that you can't feel the rules while reading the poem- I love it!!! Fabulous.

Gwen_Elizabeth said...
love it, as usual! so well written! (:

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Perfection. I adore rhyming poems such as this because finding rhymes by using a thesaurus or something FORCES you to use and learn new vocab words... Great job. I love all of the metaphors, and your word choice is just... impeccable. W O W.  Great job, Jade!! (:

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
What a sonnet! That one is really pretty I think! WIth such a beautiful word choice as yours I don't know if I'll ever read something by you that I don't end up liking..A LOT...hahaha.. Love it. The first line just pulled me in... And I see you changed your name,, Haha Nice!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much saphira!! XD and yes, I changed my name lol

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You're Welcome!

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow! this one was good! i especially like how you did end up rhyming the whole time!

Thank you so much, and for commenting on two of my works.....is there something you'd like me to read of yours??

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
haha thanks, i just really enjoy your stuff. if you want to read some of my stuff you can, but i also have artwork if you dont want to read:P

Alrighty, I will! Anything specific?

i wrote an article on "if God can do anything, can he create a rock so big He cannot lift it?" mostly because its a difficult question to answer, especially for a christian such as myself.

Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:00 am
Cool, I'll check it out

Infinite.Survivor.365 said...
I respect your vocabulary and way of expression. :)