Just An Ordinary Doomsday

Where's the Fires, where's Falling Lights
To dance so deadly over city ways?
Where's the misty green surreal glow
And why's the Sun still shinning yellowed rays?

Before all this, there should've been the Zombies
Or plauge to steal our breath before the end.
We wouldn't have the time to hear the news
When we have hidden bunkers to defend.

For sure, if not before they'd follow after,
One wouldn't think Apocholypses pass
Without the trumpet-blast of Anchient Armies
Or modern chemical Horror-Bombs of Gass.

One would think this just a winter day,
Trains and cars just glide, indifferent, on.
Sleds on glittered snow, the sky is white
And filled with crystal fuzz that whirls along.

I need the comfort of Angelic Hosts
Clashing with the dark Demonic Horde;
Need explosions, need hot lasers flashing!
Excalibur, I need King Authur's sword!

I never saw the cosmic signs give warnings,
There was no Flash of Brilliance in the sky.
Somehow The World forgot to quake and shudder
The day The Fates decreed My World should die.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm:
This says four comments... but none are visible...

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 11, 2013 at 12:46 pm :
Haha! Posting on it fixed it. Never mind.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:52 am:
Hi! I don't see anything wrong with it. I actually really, really like it! This is great.. I always wonder how the world will end and what it will be like and I try to figure how people will react when they get the first news of the end, but I never thought that we would not get a sign! Hmm. Interesting!

May 7, 2013 at 11:17 pm :
Thankyou, i am glad you found food for thought in it.

Labradorian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:50 pm:
And to think I read the majority of this poem beleiving it was poking fun at all the hypothosised "end of the world!"s we've had in the past few years. Still, I enjoyed reading this poem with either interpritation - the latter, intended interpritation definately added more emotion, more reality to the peice so I'm having trouble deciding which I like better.

Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:01 am :
Um, you actually hit the nail on the head. I was laughing ang crying in turns as I wrote this. I was thinking "In your face, universe!" (It was the day after Christmas so still very close to our LSAT "doomsday"), but being Christmas, I couldnt help but remeber who wasnt there with my family, or who my family wasnt with! I remebered the day I learned my family was going to move, and I was missing my extended family and my friends... but laughing. I was laughing my head off!