Learn a Little

To see what it’s like
And to know how it feels
To go through the pain
When nothing is sealed,
No one else knows
No one else is aware
They just continue on
No one has to care,
But I have to go
And I have to deal
I get to learn a little
Of how life can feel,
So I gain what I’ve learned
And no one else has
I get the experience
And all that other jazz,
Don’t kiss and tell
Live and let learn
Believe in yourself
And work for what you earn.

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I actually really like the last four lines! I think that your poem could be interpreted and applied to many different situations/topics, and that the concluding lines give you a "head start" or advice for anything that may cross your path in life.   I love this poem overall. Great job.

kirstiecookie replied...
Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:58 pm :
thank you so much! i really appreciate your comment, and i agree with both of you. i knew when i wrote it that the last few lines kind of skewed away from what i was talking about, but in a way it connects if you relate it to something.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:52 am:
over all, i like this poem. till 'and all that other jazz' was interesting, and quite really good, but the last four lines look like a conclusion, i think it'd have been better with them short, because they go into a different area altogether. otherwise, good work.

kirstiecookie replied...
Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:00 pm :
i do agree with you about the last lines, i knew they didn't flow as well with everything else. i appreciate your comment, thanks!