The Ones Who Dance

Just as he who had
Two working ears
Should have been the type
Of man who hears
So the man who had
Two legs to bear him
Should have danced the steps
The music dared him.
Those who have a chance,
But won't from fear;
Might as well have
Niether legs or ears.
I, for one, will
Always have respect
For those who heed the song
And dance the steps.

sophistryxoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 11:20 am:
I loved the quick and short phrasing and the title really drew me in! Great work!

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:40 am :
Thanks, sophistry.

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 4 at 9:45 am:
I loved the rythem, and I like your subject. Just dance!

Jul. 12 at 7:38 pm :
Haha, thanks!

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29 at 4:50 pm:
this was kinda eerie and cute at the same time. loveee it

Jul. 12 at 7:34 pm :
lol, I suppose it is. I think the short lines gave it that effect.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25 at 11:04 pm:
  How fitting that I have found a poem of yours about dance! It should be no surprise that I love it. :) This is a somewhat popular ‘seize the day’ topic, but you captured it in a way I have never seen done before. It actually ended quite differently than what I would have expected! I love the fact that your rhyme scheme never seemed forced or simple, which is really quite difficult to do! The last line was just amazing. Great work!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 7:16 pm:
I really love the title, it seemed so pretty and airy to me. The rhymes in here are so soft and flow so well! Most people can't rhyme only throughout their work, but you did and you did it oh so well! I thought it ended very nicely, I like how you used the word 'respect' that word is very sincere, so I felt like you really meant what you were saying! I love this!

Apr. 15 at 9:01 pm :
Thank you. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed this. Your just all 'round makin me smile today!

laurengerhardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8 at 11:02 pm:
This is absolutely beautiful. 5/5.

Apr. 8 at 11:24 pm :
Yay! Sweet!

foreverthefreakgirl said...
Mar. 26 at 5:53 pm:
The Ones WHo Dance is great.... would you mind if i read more of your work? (i dont like just reading peoples  writing, it feels wrong to me)

Mar. 28 at 11:02 am :
Hmm... my reply didnt post. Anyhow, i thanked you, said I was honored youd like to read more, and told you to go ahead. Thanks again!

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this a lot. It reminds me of who I want to be, someone who never lets fear get in the way of doing what they love.

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:06 pm :
Thankyou! That is exactly what it is about. I'm glad you like it.