The Reasoning Stone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By , lawrenceville, GA
We walk, spineless and thoughtless
through summer,
only hopeful for the fall.

Where intoxicating colors dance runic-ally
Upon a leaf's end,
And young evergreens deride the old oak,
exposing its nakedness in debt of lies,
While each truth descends solemnly
toward the earth;
and the night rules by the falling sun,
calling not its allies for dependence,
but for an eternal rest.

We assume what is not,
and reject what is to become,
optimists we are not,
but pessimists there is none.
Guilty slaves of hope,
Boring the truth
in which not true-ness complies.
Multiple shades of blacks,
Only alive at night,
but in summer we thrive,
Why do we rejoice in Summer?

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:41 am:
This is good :) I am just one who does not think you should use such a large vocabulary in poetry, It really takes away from the flow and turns it into a story. 

Teedybear said...
I love its really good keep writin

whovian82 said...
wow this was really good!

AlaskanGirl15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Well putting aside the fact that I am easily confused (Poems for 1st graders confuse me)... Anywho... after reading it again... I really like the way the poem flows and your word choice is really good! Keep up the amazing writing! 

GanjaGunstanza This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:32 pm :
i tohught this wa sone of my bad ones, but i do enjoy what you have to say     thanks :)

raeeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
twas marvelous (: I really liked the emotion and thought it flowed well. Keep writing m'dear! -Rae♥

GGIsRemembers replied...
Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:42 pm :
wow! :) That's beautiful!!

Huey Freeman replied...
Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm :
thats some good shiit. keep that up. and youll be the best!!!

JunieSparrow replied...
Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:40 pm :
As I said before, it seemed disjointed.  Some of the metaphors were a bit mixed to my mind, but that may be just me.    Also the words you used seemed a bit heavy for a light-hearted ode to Summer.  Or perhaps you were trying to insert a dark color relating to fall?    Anyhow, broadly, the general tone seemed inappropriate for the subject.     

Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:42 pm :
it was and ode to fall.......

Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:44 pm :
read it again, and actually think with an open mind. and this poem flows perfectly. Thus i understand why your poems are such garbage, but i understand what ur daying and i apperciate your criticism :) ill work on the tihings u pointed out

AhtmahKhalsaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:35 pm :
No offense but it isn't that great Rocky...

TheLostRomantic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:47 pm :
thanks guys