Imagine | Teen Ink

Imagine

By sunshine925 GOLD, Sugar Land, Texas
sunshine925 GOLD, Sugar Land, Texas

" You're only as tall as your heart will let you be and you're only as small as the world will make you seem." - Christofer Drew Ingle

Imagine if the sun never burned
The Earth never turned
And the seasons didn’t come and go

What if time stood still?
A gun didn’t kill
And Death was neither friend nor foe

What would happen if there was no war?
If the stories weren’t lore
Just imagine how much more we would know

John put these words in a song
They still stick even after so long

The message reoccurring
The music so alluring

How has it been so misplaced in the world we live in today?
How is what I ask
…I can’t imagine how

I was basically born listening to the Beatles and John Lennon so one day when i was supposed to be writing a poem for English class I was listening to music instead. My iPod shuffled to the song Imagine and I was finally inspired to write something for my class that was meaningful to me.

on Jan. 20 2013 at 9:10 pm
SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California

"I will work harder" (animal farm boxer the horse)

It really relates to the song. I love it

on Jul. 27 2012 at 12:15 pm
TraceBatWingsAndBrokenStrings DIAMOND, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

"This gun has stopped time in its tracks, has altered the course of our fate. Destiny is shattered and timeless. Closed eyes feel the cold winds embrace."
-Avenged Sevenfold

I love the song Imagine, and this is a great emulation of it.

on Jul. 19 2012 at 2:32 pm
MadisonGrace SILVER, Nowhere, Oregon

"Everything is okay in the end,
if its not okay it's not the end."
"Be who you are and say how you feel because if someone matters they dont mind and if someone minds they dont matter"
"If God brings you to it he will bring you through it!"

I really liked it and the message but at the begining you could have used a hook

on Jul. 19 2012 at 2:32 pm
MadisonGrace SILVER, Nowhere, Oregon

"Everything is okay in the end,
if its not okay it's not the end."

on Jul. 19 2012 at 1:55 pm
bethanyvreeve SILVER, Nanuet, New York

I have a voice too and for better or for worse, mine is a voice that cannot be silenced.

This is really good and I really enjoyed reading it! I was definently sucked in and it was beautiful! I hate to ask but please comment or rate any of mine!! Thanks!  :)

on Jul. 19 2012 at 1:38 pm
_betweenthelines_ BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."- Edgar Allan Poe

Great peom, and  I like your reference to John lennon :)

on Jul. 19 2012 at 10:12 am
Miss_Brightside GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

It's like she sees the diamond underneath And she's polishin' you 'til you shine. -Brad Paisley. (this goes to my step mom she keeps me going)
If you want a rainbow you gotta put up with the rain.-Albert Einstein

I know I'm right.

DanielM SILVER said...
on Jul. 19 2012 at 10:00 am
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

Ya your right Moss Fire.

on Jul. 19 2012 at 9:19 am
Miss_Brightside GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

Daniel always says that a poem needs a hook. but i think its great as it is. keep up the great work.

DanielM SILVER said...
on Jul. 13 2012 at 9:54 am
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

this is a really good poem. I liked your word usage. I also like the message of imagatiaton. Well keep it up. Suggestion: maybe you should have a hook? Other than that great job

on Jul. 12 2012 at 3:34 pm
nakubara PLATINUM, Belvidere, New Jersey

Everything you do in life is insignificant, but its important you do it anyway ~Ghandi

This is awesome! I love your insperation! Make love not war!

on Jul. 10 2012 at 2:20 pm
Dancergirl224 GOLD, Allen, Texas

I Love You Now and Forever <3
I am always by your side.... I'm in your heart
you should be optimisticly pestimestic

Nicely writte, the words that you chose were/are very powerful. I liked it! good job!

on Jul. 10 2012 at 2:20 pm
Dancergirl224 GOLD, Allen, Texas

I Love You Now and Forever <3
you should be optimisticly pestimestic

on Jul. 10 2012 at 1:58 pm
polar-icecap DIAMOND, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

"Angels don't even come close to you!"

This is officially the most awesome poem I've ever read. You are toatz gifted! Keep it up. I'd love to hear more from you!

on Jul. 9 2012 at 10:43 am
SofiuhhMarie GOLD, Stockton, California
These words are so powerful! Nicely written. (:

on Jul. 9 2012 at 10:41 am
youngspeare BRONZE, Nairobi, Other

We wouldn't ask a rose that grew from the concrete for having damaged petals; in turn we'd all celebrate its tenacity, we'd all love tz will to reach the sun well we are the roses n these are my damaged petals don't ask me why thank God and ask me how

AWESOME poem! Keep posting. Check out mine, and do leave a comment please i'd really appreciate it. XD thIS IS epic btw. 

on Jul. 9 2012 at 10:38 am
youngspeare BRONZE, Nairobi, Other

AWESOME!Love it :-) check out my poem TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/389027/Ghosts-of-The-Past/. Will appreciate it. 

justme242 GOLD said...
on Jul. 3 2012 at 6:09 pm
justme242 GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

help will be given to those who ask for it.

It is a Amazing Poem and i like it. great job!

on Jul. 3 2012 at 2:42 pm
comfortablynumb7, Charlotte, North Carolina

" You want too much. you expect too much then when your hero disappoints you, your poor little heart gets crushed" <another quote>"If you don't earn respect when you're alive, you don't deserve it when you're dead."

AMAZING POEM!!!This should be in the magazine...really. Anyways I also grew up listening to the beatles and they are always in my heart. The poem is one of my favorites. Goodjob.