Hold a candle (darling)

Hold a candle to me darling,
I know what path to take
But here and now contrast to anywhere…
Feels too long a road, awake

Picture a pair of perfect fools
Know not half as much as feelings lay
While one lies in between them
The other sails from bay

Hold a candle to me darling,
Though your hand may waver dear
I don’t care ‘bout the steadfast light…
Only when it falters will I fear

If a brick is laid on another
Is not the position sound?
But lay 10 bricks along each-other
And the form of wall may round

Hold a candle to me darling,
I fear darkness as much as light
So in a world where yin deals yang away
I note that light is less than bright

SuNshiNe007 said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:11 am
Wow, I absolutely love this! Amazing Job! For your first poem! Very creative! I give you 5 stars;) And its amazing your from Canada, I've been there before!

SuNshiNe007 said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:11 am

Sweetheartless said...
I like it! It's soft but the message is very clear. Very nice work.

TheVinny1996 replied...
Thanks sweetheartless!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Interesting poem! Are you sure you didn't spend a lot of time perfecting it? I especially liked the third and fifth stanzas. Great job~ Welcome to teenink!

TheVinny1996 replied...

Thank you! You're the first person to actually welcome me!

And I swear, I didn't do any editing or reviewing whatsoever. In reality, I wrote it directly into a tumblr post a few days ago; it's not even saved onto my computer!

Kev-Girl said...

I liked it. :) In the description, you say that this is just some random writing (which I actually do a lot of, hehe) and I could kind of see that in the poem. Not that that's a bad thing, but it was just kind of hard to find the meaning, or story, to this. 

But I honestly love your writing style, and the words you used to write this. It's not simple and plain, which I find facinating. Great job on thsi! :) Five stars!

TheVinny1996 replied...
Thank you! And there is too a story! Just kidding, that critique is very accurate :p I found that it had meaning/metaphorical description, but yes, it randomly came out and therefor was very...random?
Thanks for the rating and review!