Stay Awhile | Teen Ink

Stay Awhile

By BrandonV BRONZE, St.Louis, Missouri
BrandonV BRONZE, St.Louis, Missouri

Your eyes so green and deep,
One smile makes my heart leap.

Our love runs forever deep,
Stay awhile, who needs sleep?

Take off your burdens, tell me your pain.
Stay awhile and dance in the rain.

Your caring heart keeps out the pain,
Your love is what keeps me sane.

Forever mine, and forever yours,
Trust in me and my name’s yours.

My poem doesn’t have a specific iambic tetrameter per line but I used end rhyme. “Your caring heart keeps out the pain, Your love is what keeps me sane.”
This poem to me is my love for my girlfriend, and I describe her eyes and smile which are my favorite things about her, hence in the poem I say, “Your eyes so green and deep, One smile makes my heart leap. Our love runs forever deep.” Then when it says, “Stay awhile, who needs sleep? This means since were in such love who needs sleep lets embrace our love and for long as possible. Then “Take off your burdens, tell me your pain. Stay awhile and dance in the rain.” This mean tell me what bothers you, get the stress of your shoulders, stay awhile and let me love you and relieve stress. Then “Your caring heart keeps out the pain, Your love is what keeps me sane.” This means, Your love keeps me from hating life and motivates me and no matter what you will be there to make me feel better and keep me from going crazy. Then it says, “Forever mine, and forever yours, Trust in me and my name’s yours.” This means I will always love you and if you always love me back then trust me and ill marry you and give you my last name.