Only Stillness

I wake to find you are not here.
I stir, I tremble, I open my eyes.
Only Stillness can bring you near.

I huddle in my nest of death, waiting for you to appear.
I am veiled in my lifeless guise,
And I wake to find you are not here.

You wait in the darkness. everything I hold dear
Is scattered across the distant sky.
Now only stillness can bring you near.

You cannot feel the tears
Falling over you, you cannot hear my cries.
I wake to find you are not here.

I'll follow without fear,
Though you left me the harder way to die.
Only stillness can bring you near.

I'll flee from the trembling lights, from the sudden noise I hear.
They'll find me in the shadows; in your darkness I'll forever lie.
I wake to find you are not here,
And only stillness can bring you near.

InkWriter13 said...
Jun. 22, 2012 at 2:05 am:
Beautiful writing. Loved it. 5/5! Tragic yet done with a distinctive writing style. Keep it always! Would you please comment on my poems titled Wizard of Words and A Muse?

Masey400 said...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:02 pm:
Hey. Cool poem!! Are you the Lydia that went to Waldorf and has an older sister named Abigail?

TheCapturedBatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:47 am :
Thanks for commenting. No, I am not this Lydia you speak of.

Josika.Nav said...
Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:58 am:
hey! what can i say? absolutely beautiful!! you have talent , don't waste it. i love this piece and your style :D

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:50 pm:
Wow thats great!  When you say this is inspired by Romeo and Juliet is this Juliet's pov of when she was supposedly "dead"? and by the way I really like your style!

Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:31 pm :
Yes, this is Juliet's point of view. I was trying to describe her initial disappointment when she thinks Romeo has not come for her turning into the anguish she feels when she realizes he is dead.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:42 am :
That's awesome, keep writing! :)