Of Nymphs

The little Nymph that, with her gently stirring hands,
Will gift a Life to humble plants who dot the land
And animates, awakes the simple, common soil
Reiterates our Souls’ own churning, living toil.
Without it dead, yet men would fight their Inner Nymphs.
Ignore It? Some, but most see as antagonist
That Vital Thing, their Psyche that gives chance to vie,
And firm insist that should It leave they wouldn’t die.
Ashamed of man I sometimes almost long to be
A plant who has no thoughts, thus none ungratefully.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10, 2013 at 8:33 pm:
yeah, a little confusing, but i liked it still and understood most of it! :D

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm :
Lol, perhaps it is a bit confusing.

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The language you used was a bit confusing. Oddly enough, however, I think that confusing poems make you reread it t try and understand, but then you find a new element that you did not notice before. It is indeed fantastic. Great job!

Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:40 pm :
Ah, yes... my mind is a weird place were simple goes to die..... the puncutation mistakes didnt help make it easier to read either, I suspect? But I'm glad you liked it! Im glad you were able to see a little bit into its depths! Now I can die happy. ;)

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this poem a lot! It was however a little bit confusing. 

Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:41 pm :
Yup. It is! Sorry! I am glad you liked it, though. Thankyou!

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I adore the topic of this poem. Maybe I'm a little mythology obsessed, but anything relating to nymphs facinates me lately. And your poem is beautiful. It really rings true.

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:58 pm :
Thanks! I like mythology too, and I thought the metaphor was apt. Glad you like it.