My brown eyes

I gazed out the window, admiring the white blanket of snow that covered the ground. Crystals formed in the corner of the window frame. I traced out a heart in the cool window as I waited; impatiently, for him to appear in the mist of the snow. White crystals of snow fell lightly from the sky. I breathed out a sigh, and a white puff of cool air stuck to the glass. My heart ached; I could barely wait for the feeling of his dark brown eyes get lost in my eyes of ice blue; like ice in the middle of winter. To see his dark brown hair get ruffled by the wind, and his ice cold hands shoved in his pockets of his black coat. I squirmed impatiently in my seat; not being able to wait any longer. Then, I saw a black figure. It was a blur in the snow that beat so heavily from the sky. My heart beat heavily in my chest as he approached me. I jumped up from my seat, and dashed to the door. I flung the door open, and saw his deep brown eyes flash up at me. A smile grew across his face and felt my heart skip a beat. Without further hesitation, I ran to him. He stretched out his arms, and wrapped them around my freezing body. The cool air nipped at my nose; the wind blew my brown hair; and the breeze chilled my insides. But as soon as his arms were around me, a warmth like fire spread through me. My heart began to race in my chest as he whispered in my ear “I love you.” It suddenly became harder to breathe. His lips met mine only moments later. His lips were as soft as a flower petal in the middle of summer; that velvety feeling of it when you rub the petal between your finger tips. I pulled away and saw him grinning at me. I cracked a smile, laced his fingers in mine, and we walked away hand in hand.

JaneCapelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:24 pm:
This is very cute =) i suggest putting in a little more detail...that would make it even more magical! I love scenes in the snow.....great! 5/5! :D

live.sing.love replied...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:34 pm :
Thanks! Yeah I should've added more to it, but I made it quick and easy instead:)

holyblondecheerleaderbatman said...
Feb. 7, 2012 at 7:12 pm:
JK it is not really a poem but still its good love ya girly

HannaBanana123 said...
Feb. 7, 2012 at 7:12 pm:
thanks kris -_- lol