Our Place

In this world we seek
Our place, purpose, value,
Which we will find one day.
Tentative and meek,
We stake our paltry claims
And whisper what we say.

We only grasp at straws,
We climb the smallest hills,
Search, but don't believe.
And though we try, we pause,
And rarely dare to hope
We're greater than perceived.

But when people find
The place that is their own,
What they were put here for,
And found their friends, their kind,
They'll take on the whole world,
Stronger than before.

ansem_unlimited said...
Dec. 19, 2014 at 11:57 am
I like it alot, but if you don't mind to terribly, where are your other poems! I love this one but when I went to your profile they were gone!! did something happen!=(

Helena_Noel replied...
Jun. 12, 2015 at 1:09 am
@ansem_unlimited I'm not quite a teen anymore. I removed my profile because of that, and a few personal reasons. I left this one up because it was co-written with another Teen Ink Writer. Thank you, though. I"m immensely cheered that someone misses my writing!

Helena_Noel replied...
Jun. 12, 2015 at 1:10 am

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the poem! great topic and rhythm scheme.

pitt98 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is fine. Try thinking metephorically, line consciously and kill the cliches.

LoudDreamer replied...
Pardon? I didn't use any metophores in this, I know. I do sometimes, but I didn't have anything for this. What I don't understand what the phrase 'line consciously' means. Thank you for commenting and Im glad you didn't think it was too bad, but I don't get that last part.

meanangel said...
Hey congrats That was really nice of you to mention me, but u didn't really have to. I mean, I only came up with the first couple of lines, and you worked ur magic on the rest. It is really gud though. I am proud that u got it publish!   :)

LoudDreamer replied...
lol, this isn't really a subject that I would have written about on my own, I would never have come up with this promt. I think you deserve just as much credit as I do, maybe more. Plus I really feel bad I took over. You should be proud that you helped write a great poem, the most important part of it, in fact.