Today | Teen Ink

Today

By Dudet95 GOLD, Ottawa, Kansas
Dudet95 GOLD, Ottawa, Kansas

Your mom, if you don't know the past... You're doomed to repeat it.

today a girl died from blood force trauma to the head.She was found in a ditch cold stone dead.
The parents didn't even notice they're daughter was taken.The were so sure the police were mistaken.
They never really noticed their only daughter who hides away.They thought her little act was a little too cliche.

Today a Girl will be abused by her older brother.No one will know but her dear old mother.
Her mother ignores her terrifying screams.She pretends her life isn't falling apart at the seems.
She knew it was wrong to let him keep going,But his tempter seemed to keep growing.

Today a boy is killed by his parents for being gay.sadly it happens every day.
They just couldn't except what he said.They would rather him be dead.
All he wanted was to tell his folks he was getting a husband,not a wife.He did not see his father grab that knife.

Today a girl is raped by a gang of boys.They treated her like one of the new toys.
All she wanted was to feel pretty in someones eyes.She never realized she would attract the wrong guys.
These boys didn't care what happen to her when they were done.They just wanted to have a little fun.

Today girl,and a boy will step up and ask help from anyone who hears their cries.To anyone who will open up their eyes.
Not everyone will hear these desperate calls.They will be hiding behind their own dangerous walls.

Today a girl and a boy will step up,and do what's right.They will defend us will all their might.
They will defend us will all of their will.They will defend us against those who wish to kill.

This is what needs to be done...Will you be one?

This was inspired because I tend to over think issues in life and try ad help,but it made me think about how so many of us hide behind our own problems so we forget about those around us.