It Takes a Village | Teen Ink

It Takes a Village

It takes a village do you hear what i say? It takes a village to raise kids these ole days.

When I'm running late for school my granny doesn't play she wakes me up in her own granny way and as she fixes my breakfast I hear her say, It takes a village do you hear what I say? It takes a village to raise kids these ole days.

Street lights coming on, and us kids just want to play, All the kids are sade cause it's the middle of our game, But up and down the street, parents are calling our names, As I head for home I hear the parents say It takes a village do you hear what I say? It takes a village to raise kids these ole days.

Sleeping late on Saturdays, my granny aint having that! Got to help my neighbors walk the dog, and brush the cat, help carry groceries,and help mowing grass, learning how to stretch a dollar, and work without getting paid, cause the elders teach us that getting paid is not alway the way, learning to help others is what we are suppose to do, so as I do my Saturday chores I hear the elders say It takes a village do you hear what I say? It takes a village to raise kids these ole days.

To make me a better person so that I will be able to stand and as I am growning up I can see the village plan.
IT DOES TAKE A VILLAGE
IT DOES TAKE A PLAN
IT DOES TAKE MY GRANNY
And the village has her hand.