Beautiful

I hate how the other girls snicker behind my back like I don’t notice.

Anything that I think is frowned upon.
My clothes are plain and I don’t glamorize my hair.

Boys hardly look my way.
Everyone seems to look on the outside,
And I look inside.
Usually I ignore it,
Till the sun is masked by gray.
I can care less what others think.
Funny I have friends who won’t
backstab.
Usually I look upon this, then
Lingering in my head are these words….

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:04 am
Epicness! That was so cool! And Amazing word choice.

JoPepper replied...
Thank you xD

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:57 am
You're Welcome!!

YAYwriting said...
That was COOL! I love the little 'I am beautiful' thing, and how it goes along so well with the poem. This is really good :D

JoPepper replied...
Thanks :D            

YAYwriting replied...
u're welcome!! :D

Steph0804 said...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:12 am
I love the hidden message! it was really creative, and incorporating it into the poem... "Lingering in my head are these words..." :D 5 stars!

JoPepper replied...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 9:43 am
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!! :D

paige14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
A great and meaningful piece. It captures how most girls feel at some point in their lives. And the "I am beautiful" was really clever too!

JoPepper replied...
Thank you :D <3

JoPepper replied...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 9:43 am
Is there anything of yours you'd like me to read? :)

corallee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the "hidden message" :) It's very cute and it really ties together the poem very well.

JoPepper replied...
Thank you so much for reading my stuff!!!!!! :D

marissa87 said...
This is really good!! i really like the i am beautiful thing down the side! i think tht is sooo cute! it really speaks the truth that alot of girlss are feeling!

JoPepper replied...
Thank you for reading so much!!!!!  I'm big on the whole self-esteem subject!!! Thnks for reading my stuff!!!!!!! :D

PaRaNoRmAl627 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
the I AM BEAUTIFUL thing is soooo clever! i love it! i was wondering why you put backstab on its own line i was like uuhh okk...? but thats such a great idea! the only thing i have to say is that at the end where you put the bunch of periods, you should always stick to just 3 to make it look professional. other than that, fantastic job. hehe you shouldve seen my face light up when i figured it outt :P

JoPepper replied...
When I typed the poem down "backstab" immediately got it's own line.  It wouldn't let me put it in with it's correct line.  So I made sure that  I capitalized every first letter that needed it except for "backstab"  I think I messed up with the periods.  Thanks for reading, and commenting!!!!!!!!!! :D

Emily.L said...
That was great :) NEVER would've thought to put 'I am beautiful' there. 

JoPepper replied...
Thank you so much!!!!!:D I'll read yours as soon as I can alright. 

Alon_Freevoice said...
This poem is... I love, love, love it!