Palindromes

Turn the music up too loud
Scream and tear the voices off
Draw a picture – (purple blood,
Monsters sneezing, goblins cough) –
God made man a manmade God;
Backwards isn’t in the mirror.
Thoughts are strange, but if you think,
They’re not as strange as they appear.

Appear they as strange as not they’re.
Think you if but, strange are thoughts:
Palindromes are running ‘round,
I am only what I’m not.
Every seed you plant will sprout
(Except the ones that do not grow);
To know is strange, but if you don’t,
Strange is only what you know.

Know you what only is strange?
Backwards of tired am I;
I am frontways of not weary,
I am grounded in the sky.
Paint a canvas purest white,
Hang it in the gallery:
I am I and you are you,
But us is only sometimes we.

We sometimes only is us but,
Upon occasion we’re just and.
There is smoke where there is fire,
There is fire where there’s land.
Here’s a mouthful full of teeth,
Here’s an orange tainted blue:
Paradoxes can be solved;
Solving them won’t make them true.

True them make won’t them solving.
Train small words to do your work,
Run away from exercise,
Pain will only make you hurt.
There’s a thought inside my head:
There is strange inside my thought.
Palindromes are running ‘round,
I am only what I’m not.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very confusing, but  VERY cool! Usually I leave long comments, but I think that basically explains it! hahaha :D

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OI! Whoever keeps giving this poem sucky ratings, for the love of corn, leave a COMMENT telling me why it sucks! Don't be a jerk. If you hate stuff, I want to know why you hate it so I can write better! Thank you.

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
for the love of corn i cannot even remember this phrase ever being part of my vocabulary

applesauceHater said...
heh heh..my oh my this ones a tongue-twisting-wonderful-wording of a poem. really loved it!

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hehe. I really liked this one. Really clever. Very e. e. cummins. 

I'm glad you liked it! :) I feel like someone else told me I write like him, too. What has he written?

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
anyone lived in a pretty how town

Well, the title alone reminds me of this poem. :) I'll look for it, thank you!

rage_against_the_machine said...

Haha, oh my that was fun. I love palindromes, and I must say, your poem truly tickled me. 

Your writing is really great, it's been a pleasure to read this. Glad you entered my contest :D

You're very welcome! I enjoyed writing for your contest.

LiederMadchen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your poem is so wonderfully crazy and beautiful, thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Aug. 26, 2011 at 8:35 am
You're welcome! :)

MissFaber said...

Fantastic. This was so creative and partially insane. It was so fun to read, and it was also fun to try and understand it (lol).

I loved it. Greatttt job :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! ^-^

renthead96 said...
Good Lord! I felt like I was going insane trying to wrap my mind around what I was reading. It sort of reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, being so odd and everything and how the characters all say things strangely. This was so fun to read, and great job :)

Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:23 am
Thanks so much! :)

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Amazing. It made me reading like a maniac to keep up , but it was awesome. It was like you were weaving a strange song , just purely fantastic. Great job !

Thank you! :)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 2:02 am
Palindromes are running round, and spinning is my head. This was hard to follow but follow it I did. So, so, so well done. I totally want to try something like this now. Haha. Simply amazing. Writomania is completely right--like a poetic Mozart. :)

Thanks so much! ^-^