My Wrath

I swear that if I hadn’t followed you down your path,
I wouldn’t have compelled that wrath.
I basically walked in your tracks,
All the while never looking back.
Never once thinking about regret.
And now I just can’t forget.
I think and search my brain
If I was even sane.
I even memorized simple little things,
That you’ll just never sing.
And you told me that I’d get kissed
But all I got was pissed.
I’m still held captive.
I wonder if I can still live.
I was told many a promise
Turns out they’re just words that I’ll miss.
And you weren’t my virtue,
Though I thought I belonged to you.
But I disagree, you told.
And I saw it unfold.
Now I know you’re such a liar
But all I was, was a buyer.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 10:35 pm:
The last two lines were really clever, I like the whole thing a lot :)

Diana101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:17 pm :
Thanks   :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7 at 5:50 pm:
To me this poem almost seems to be the start of a sond because of all the emotion. It's easy to relate to all the these things you wrote about here. I adore it. 

Mar. 8 at 6:25 pm :
Thanks ! Lol I wrote this poem two years ago , basically before I started writing song lyrics . Honestly , I've never taken one of my poems & transformed it into song lyrics . But you just inspired me to do so ! Thanks :)