life & death

The crimson light sheds its molten layer of earth
but what comes of the mark of the dead?
Only from darkness can we truly know birth.

Blinded will the falling star search for mirth.
For now the sun, its goal, disappears soon as it sets.
The crimson light sheds its molten layer of earth.

A lost soul scours the universe in its girth
Its will weakened by neighboring regrets

A concept lost at birth and found at death comes forth:
The last beat of every heart is multiplied in worth:

Life finds treasure as it finds its final dearth
Death is human kind’s unlisted goal:

Supernova7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I loved your use of repetition it's a very beautiful poem and I can tell you take writing poetry seriously. Could you please comment on some of my work?

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Your poetry is beautiful. It conveys a meaning that for most is hard to understand , but is heartwarming in a way :) Your words flow so well , and it's an elegant poem to say the least. Fantastic work! *****

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 6:50 pm:
This is interesting in a good way. In my poetry, I've never done the whole repeating lines thing. In this, are you saying that a person can only truly relax in darkness where htey are not seen? that's what i got from it but i don't quite understand. Keep writing!

loveissmilesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 22, 2012 at 7:27 am :
this is stunning. Absolutely breathtaking. I love this piece. It's beautiful, but in a morbid way. This is a wonderful poem, and i love the way you write. You have and incredible amount of talent.