“Not Fair!”

How frustratingly fecund they are,
Those who, in life, are under par.
The ratio of git to wit
Is sadly broad, I must admit.
This gap grows greater every day,
For the stupid always find a way
To sit at home and watch TV,
Sucking off of you and me.
Sequestered in their domiciles,
Washington they do beguile.
And when the welfare check comes late,
These brainless little reprobates
Have the gall to squirm and swear
And with vitriol to cry “Not fair!”

JusticeLiberty said...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:26 am:
The writing is exquisite... seems like you worked very hard to rhyme. Good job!
But you also have to consider that not all people who get welfare checks sit at home and watch TV doing nothing. That's very stereotypical. I know people who go out trying to find a job every day so that they can support their family but since there aren't barely any jobs it's near impossibe. Washington has put the United States so far in debt that the government can't seem to see straight... or maybe that's how... (more »)

JacksonDReynolds replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm :
Oh goodness no! I agree with you entirely. I would be very upset if you felt that I meant to group all welfare recipients under one giant umbrella of "lazy". Absolutely not. I know several individuals who are in unfortunate situtaions beyond their control and whom are forced to look to the government for help. I DEEPLY sympathize with these individuals and very clearly understand that they are NOT lazy people. The government needs to step in and help those who truly cannot help themselves and I ... (more »)

JusticeLiberty replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:30 pm :
Okay! Awesome! Sorry if my comment sounded mean. I volunteer within a local hospital as well during the summer holiday with kids (and I aspire to be a teacher) but we see people like that as well! :( It's kind of sad to think there are kids involved in situations like both. (the unfortunate type and the lazy type.) Anyway... I LIKE YOUR WRITING A LOT! It's very, very good!

JacksonDReynolds replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:06 pm :
I apprecieate your comments and I am glad that you now understand what was meant by the poem. No worries and no need to apologize. Yes, the children in those situations are such unfortunate individuals. The fact that defenseless children are forced to live in situations like such is another reason that I am all the more angry at the lazy portion of the welfare population.

SecretSearcher said...
I love your poetry!

JacksonDReynolds replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 12:53 pm :
Thank you so much! :D