Forgetting

I hate moving, but for me it’s a part of life. I hate change, but my parents never thought twice on asking for my feelings. So I go along with it. I hate the idea of leaving every familiar thing behind. Starting over can have its up’s and down’s, but I only manage to think about the down’s. What used to be home is just another memory. My best friend, who used to be a few feet away, is now I phone call away. These days my memory has been kind of foggy. My old memories turn to old forgotten photos. I realize that change is hard at first, but with everyday routines things become better. Today, I asked my mom what she thought of change and of moving. Right then I knew that she had the same feelings I have, but she’s the mom and she’s not supposed to show she’s scared. Now I know that I’m not the only one affected by the move. I also realized that I’m not scared of change, never have been. What I was scared of was forgetting everything I left behind. It’s been 6 years now and still my memories I hold on to. It’s my decision to forget my past or hold on to it and I chose hold on to. I’ve gotten used to this town and I even have a new best friend. Turns out America isn’t that bad. And Ames, Iowa has never felt so much like home.

Resa said...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:43 am
nice work. I can't wait to read more of your articles or poem. Keep it up.

support said...
Jun. 23, 2011 at 11:17 am
Nice work, keep it up